Newest round of Star Wars Episode VII rumors circle as the film gets close to production!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here, freshly back from a press screening of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which is a bit of a mess, but I'll go in-depth with my thoughts on that in a few days) to find a new round of juicy Star Wars Episode VII rumors waiting for me.
Unlike a lot of my associates I'm eating this up. I haven't been excited for new Star Wars in a long while and every little tidbit is stoking the flames of fandom in my heart more and more. I'm getting that feeling I had in '98 knowing a new Star Wars movie was in the works. I love the tease and it reminds me of a simpler time when the most Star Wars fans had to bitch about was that Ewoks were too cute.
So, every rumor, London street photo of the old school cast and unofficial tidbit is right up my alley. I know that's not the same for everybody, but it is for me, so sorry in advance if I get a bit over-excited in the next year and a half leading up to the further adventures of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, R2 and 3PO.
Today Deadline reported that another name has joined the rumored list of Star Wars potentials. The name they mentioned was Llewyn Davis himself, Mr. Oscar Isaac.
Funny since his Inside Llewyn Davis co-star Adam Driver was one of the early rumored actors up for a role in the new trilogy.
Isaac's a fantastic actor, so I really hope this one turns out to be true. Deadline also mentions tomorrow will be the first table read of the script by the principals, which has me nerding out like you wouldn't believe. I'd give just about anything to be in that room tomorrow. New Han Solo swagger, Jedi Master Luke wisdom and surprises untold... Sorry, getting overexcited way too early.
They also mention that sources close to the production have told them that Han Solo will play a much bigger role in the film than anticipated, which probably doesn't imply a happy ending for everybody's favorite smuggler with a heart of gold if you catch my drift.
Anyway, that's the latest. I've also been hearing word that everybody expects a big announcement this Sunday, on May 4th, but that the big official announcement could be earlier. Time will tell.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 229 total posts 229 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 186 total posts 186 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 132 total posts 131 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 200 total posts 116 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 109 total posts 66 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 218 total posts 54 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 348 total posts 53 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 60 total posts 48 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 104 total posts 43 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 85 total posts 36 posts