Newest round of Star Wars Episode VII rumors circle as the film gets close to production!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here, freshly back from a press screening of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which is a bit of a mess, but I'll go in-depth with my thoughts on that in a few days) to find a new round of juicy Star Wars Episode VII rumors waiting for me.
Unlike a lot of my associates I'm eating this up. I haven't been excited for new Star Wars in a long while and every little tidbit is stoking the flames of fandom in my heart more and more. I'm getting that feeling I had in '98 knowing a new Star Wars movie was in the works. I love the tease and it reminds me of a simpler time when the most Star Wars fans had to bitch about was that Ewoks were too cute.
So, every rumor, London street photo of the old school cast and unofficial tidbit is right up my alley. I know that's not the same for everybody, but it is for me, so sorry in advance if I get a bit over-excited in the next year and a half leading up to the further adventures of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, R2 and 3PO.
Today Deadline reported that another name has joined the rumored list of Star Wars potentials. The name they mentioned was Llewyn Davis himself, Mr. Oscar Isaac.
Funny since his Inside Llewyn Davis co-star Adam Driver was one of the early rumored actors up for a role in the new trilogy.
Isaac's a fantastic actor, so I really hope this one turns out to be true. Deadline also mentions tomorrow will be the first table read of the script by the principals, which has me nerding out like you wouldn't believe. I'd give just about anything to be in that room tomorrow. New Han Solo swagger, Jedi Master Luke wisdom and surprises untold... Sorry, getting overexcited way too early.
They also mention that sources close to the production have told them that Han Solo will play a much bigger role in the film than anticipated, which probably doesn't imply a happy ending for everybody's favorite smuggler with a heart of gold if you catch my drift.
Anyway, that's the latest. I've also been hearing word that everybody expects a big announcement this Sunday, on May 4th, but that the big official announcement could be earlier. Time will tell.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 438 total posts 52 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 225 total posts 47 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1479 total posts 36 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 179 total posts 34 posts
- Universal Taps Alex Kurtzman And Chris Morgan To Reboot The Studio's Classic Monsters! -- 723 total posts 32 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 22 total posts 12 posts
- Look Upon JURASSIC WORLD’s Comic Con Exclusive Poster!! -- 157 total posts 12 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 41 total posts 8 posts
- AICN COMICS Q&@: Russ Sheath talks to artist Humberto Ramos about his new sketchbook MY MARVELS: Vol 2! -- 8 total posts 8 posts
- Jake Gyllenhaal Sells Himself In Viral Teaser For Dan Gilroy's NIGHTCRAWLER! -- 49 total posts 8 posts