Newest round of Star Wars Episode VII rumors circle as the film gets close to production!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here, freshly back from a press screening of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which is a bit of a mess, but I'll go in-depth with my thoughts on that in a few days) to find a new round of juicy Star Wars Episode VII rumors waiting for me.
Unlike a lot of my associates I'm eating this up. I haven't been excited for new Star Wars in a long while and every little tidbit is stoking the flames of fandom in my heart more and more. I'm getting that feeling I had in '98 knowing a new Star Wars movie was in the works. I love the tease and it reminds me of a simpler time when the most Star Wars fans had to bitch about was that Ewoks were too cute.
So, every rumor, London street photo of the old school cast and unofficial tidbit is right up my alley. I know that's not the same for everybody, but it is for me, so sorry in advance if I get a bit over-excited in the next year and a half leading up to the further adventures of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, R2 and 3PO.
Today Deadline reported that another name has joined the rumored list of Star Wars potentials. The name they mentioned was Llewyn Davis himself, Mr. Oscar Isaac.
Funny since his Inside Llewyn Davis co-star Adam Driver was one of the early rumored actors up for a role in the new trilogy.
Isaac's a fantastic actor, so I really hope this one turns out to be true. Deadline also mentions tomorrow will be the first table read of the script by the principals, which has me nerding out like you wouldn't believe. I'd give just about anything to be in that room tomorrow. New Han Solo swagger, Jedi Master Luke wisdom and surprises untold... Sorry, getting overexcited way too early.
They also mention that sources close to the production have told them that Han Solo will play a much bigger role in the film than anticipated, which probably doesn't imply a happy ending for everybody's favorite smuggler with a heart of gold if you catch my drift.
Anyway, that's the latest. I've also been hearing word that everybody expects a big announcement this Sunday, on May 4th, but that the big official announcement could be earlier. Time will tell.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 220 total posts 121 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 344 total posts 99 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 197 total posts 59 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 171 total posts 48 posts
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 82 total posts 46 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 207 total posts 46 posts
- Rest In Peace Makeup Legend Dick Smith -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 38 total posts 22 posts
- Is a New TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE Film in the Works? -- 49 total posts 20 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 374 total posts 18 posts