Newest round of Star Wars Episode VII rumors circle as the film gets close to production!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here, freshly back from a press screening of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which is a bit of a mess, but I'll go in-depth with my thoughts on that in a few days) to find a new round of juicy Star Wars Episode VII rumors waiting for me.
Unlike a lot of my associates I'm eating this up. I haven't been excited for new Star Wars in a long while and every little tidbit is stoking the flames of fandom in my heart more and more. I'm getting that feeling I had in '98 knowing a new Star Wars movie was in the works. I love the tease and it reminds me of a simpler time when the most Star Wars fans had to bitch about was that Ewoks were too cute.
So, every rumor, London street photo of the old school cast and unofficial tidbit is right up my alley. I know that's not the same for everybody, but it is for me, so sorry in advance if I get a bit over-excited in the next year and a half leading up to the further adventures of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, R2 and 3PO.
Today Deadline reported that another name has joined the rumored list of Star Wars potentials. The name they mentioned was Llewyn Davis himself, Mr. Oscar Isaac.
Funny since his Inside Llewyn Davis co-star Adam Driver was one of the early rumored actors up for a role in the new trilogy.
Isaac's a fantastic actor, so I really hope this one turns out to be true. Deadline also mentions tomorrow will be the first table read of the script by the principals, which has me nerding out like you wouldn't believe. I'd give just about anything to be in that room tomorrow. New Han Solo swagger, Jedi Master Luke wisdom and surprises untold... Sorry, getting overexcited way too early.
They also mention that sources close to the production have told them that Han Solo will play a much bigger role in the film than anticipated, which probably doesn't imply a happy ending for everybody's favorite smuggler with a heart of gold if you catch my drift.
Anyway, that's the latest. I've also been hearing word that everybody expects a big announcement this Sunday, on May 4th, but that the big official announcement could be earlier. Time will tell.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 258 total posts 144 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 263 total posts 108 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 176 total posts 98 posts
- New Poster for OPEN WINDOWS! -- 87 total posts 87 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- This Trailer For The New SHAUN THE SHEEP Movie Doesn’t Look Too Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- Co-Director Anthony Russo Is Teasing, What, Exactly, Regarding CAPTAIN AMERICA 3?? -- 234 total posts 37 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at EXTRATERRESTRIAL! SAVAGELAND! REVELATION TRAIL! THE POSESSION OF MICHAEL KING! THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE! SLOPPY THE PSYCHOTIC! MY FAIR ZOMBIE! THE FORBIDDEN GIRL! MOEBIUS! TWILIGHT ZONE 1985! SUFFER THE CHILDREN Book Review! & cast your vote for PRESIDENT WOLFMAN! -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 137 total posts 35 posts
-- 58 total posts 28 posts