Newest round of Star Wars Episode VII rumors circle as the film gets close to production!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here, freshly back from a press screening of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which is a bit of a mess, but I'll go in-depth with my thoughts on that in a few days) to find a new round of juicy Star Wars Episode VII rumors waiting for me.
Unlike a lot of my associates I'm eating this up. I haven't been excited for new Star Wars in a long while and every little tidbit is stoking the flames of fandom in my heart more and more. I'm getting that feeling I had in '98 knowing a new Star Wars movie was in the works. I love the tease and it reminds me of a simpler time when the most Star Wars fans had to bitch about was that Ewoks were too cute.
So, every rumor, London street photo of the old school cast and unofficial tidbit is right up my alley. I know that's not the same for everybody, but it is for me, so sorry in advance if I get a bit over-excited in the next year and a half leading up to the further adventures of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, R2 and 3PO.
Today Deadline reported that another name has joined the rumored list of Star Wars potentials. The name they mentioned was Llewyn Davis himself, Mr. Oscar Isaac.
Funny since his Inside Llewyn Davis co-star Adam Driver was one of the early rumored actors up for a role in the new trilogy.
Isaac's a fantastic actor, so I really hope this one turns out to be true. Deadline also mentions tomorrow will be the first table read of the script by the principals, which has me nerding out like you wouldn't believe. I'd give just about anything to be in that room tomorrow. New Han Solo swagger, Jedi Master Luke wisdom and surprises untold... Sorry, getting overexcited way too early.
They also mention that sources close to the production have told them that Han Solo will play a much bigger role in the film than anticipated, which probably doesn't imply a happy ending for everybody's favorite smuggler with a heart of gold if you catch my drift.
Anyway, that's the latest. I've also been hearing word that everybody expects a big announcement this Sunday, on May 4th, but that the big official announcement could be earlier. Time will tell.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 23 total posts 19 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 720 total posts 6 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 419 total posts 6 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 377 total posts 5 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 29 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 3 total posts 3 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 31 total posts 2 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 569 total posts 2 posts
- Badger Narrates The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- "Do you understand what it's like to be a genius?!!" Dan Harmon takes his show on the road in this trailer for HARMONTOWN! -- 19 total posts 1 post