Will Ferrell will jaunt to England and nick the Crown Jewels in THE YANK!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Will Ferrell's getting ready to sail across the Atlantic to Merrie Olde England for an upcoming picture. The dude has a bunch of projects in the pipeline, including the already-shot GET HARD (with Kevin Hart), WELCOME TO ME (featuring Kristen Wiig), potential projects in TAG BROTHERS (with Jack Black) and CRAZY U, and his re-team with John C. Reilly and Adam McKay, BORDER GUARDS, but TriStar (currently run by everybody's hero, Tom Rothman) has bought a script called THE YANK specifically for the former SNL-er. The premise has Ferrell playing an everyday insurance salesman who finds himself involved in a plot to swipe the precious Crown Jewels from the Tower of London. Expect fish-out-of-water jokes galore, but hopefully none of the "fish-and-chips," "wrong-side-of-the-road" variety.
Relatively unknown Jeff Morris (YOU DID WHAT?) co-wrote the script with Steve Pink, who's mostly known for his directing work on flicks like HOT TUB TIME MACHINE and ABOUT LAST NIGHT, but also co-wrote the top-notch John Cusack flicks GROSSE POINT BLANK and HIGH FIDELITY. No word on who they want to direct, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pink hopped onto this one after (or maybe even shortly before) HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2's release this December.
The best Will Ferrell movies are usually the ones he makes with Adam McKay (I consider A NIGHT AT THE ROXBURY and LAND OF THE LOST to be exceptions, which obviously makes me quite insane), but hopefully whatever Pink and Morris have come up with allows Ferrell to not only do his schtick, but to expand his repertoire and maybe show us a side of him we haven't seen yet. It could happen.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 273 total posts 45 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 82 total posts 29 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 214 total posts 29 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 270 total posts 23 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 243 total posts 10 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 284 total posts 9 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint reports in on the panel of The Giver! Footage! Jeff Bridges Q&A! -- 14 total posts 5 posts
- Check Out this New Poster for HORNS! -- 32 total posts 5 posts
- Spierig Brothers to Write and Direct WINCHESTER for Hammer! -- 12 total posts 3 posts