Is More Nakedness Ahead For Sarah Silverman As She Joins Showtime’s MASTERS OF SEX??
Silverman’s NBC sitcom follow-up to “The Sarah Silverman Program” did not go forward, but she’ll now be joining Showtime’s nudity-happy period hourlong “Masters Of Sex,” which stars Lizzy Caplan and Michael Sheen as 1950s sex researchers and is one of the best shows Showtime has ever forged.
Hopefully the comely Silverman, who got very naked for the big screen’s “Take This Waltz,” will indulge more clothes-free scenes.
No details on her character aside from her name, Helen, in this press release:
LOS ANGELES, CA (April 28, 2014) – Emmy-winning comedian and actress Sarah Silverman is joining the cast of season two of the acclaimed SHOWTIME drama series MASTERS OF SEX. Silverman will recur in the guest starring role of Helen. Production on season two is currently underway in Los Angeles, and will premiere on Sunday, July 13th at 10 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME.
Sarah Silverman received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Leading Actress in a Comedy Series for "The Sarah Silverman Program," and was also nominated for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for "Monk." She won an Emmy for Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics as one of the writers of a song for "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" Silverman will next be seen starring in Seth MacFarlane's soon-to-be released feature "A Million Ways to Die in the West." She also just wrapped production on the drama film “I Smile Back” in which she stars in the lead role. Silverman’s other feature-film credits include "Wreck-It Ralph," "Take This Waltz," and "Sarah Silverman: Jesus Is Magic." Silverman is the author of The New York Times bestseller "The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption and Pee." Last year she debuted an hour-long stand-up special, “We are Miracles.” Additionally, Silverman is a part of JASH, a new comedy collective on YouTube featuring original content by Silverman (and friends Michael Cera, Tim & Eric and Reggie Watts).
Season one of MASTERS OF SEX received both Golden Globe® and WGA nominations and was honored as one of AFI’s Top Ten Television Programs of the Year. Starring Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan as real-life pioneers of human sexuality, William Masters and Virginia Johnson, the series chronicles their unusual lives, romance and pop culture trajectory. Their research touched off the sexual revolution and took them from a mid-western teaching hospital in St. Louis to the cover of Time magazine. The series is an adaptation of Thomas Maier's book Masters of Sex: The Life and Times of William Masters and Virginia Johnson, The Couple Who Taught America How To Love. Season two also stars Caitlin Fitzgerald, Teddy Sears and Annaleigh Ashford. MASTERS OF SEX was created by Michelle Ashford (The Pacific) who also serves as an executive producer. In addition, the series is executive produced by Carl Beverly, Sarah Timberman, Judith Verno and Amy Lippman. Michael Dinner, Michael Sheen, Tammy Rosen and Thomas Maier serve as producers. MASTERS OF SEX is produced by Sony Pictures Television.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 135 total posts 52 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 81 total posts 39 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 38 total posts 38 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 190 total posts 26 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 35 total posts 25 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 317 total posts 22 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 79 total posts 18 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 77 total posts 16 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 189 total posts 14 posts