Is More Nakedness Ahead For Sarah Silverman As She Joins Showtime’s MASTERS OF SEX??
Silverman’s NBC sitcom follow-up to “The Sarah Silverman Program” did not go forward, but she’ll now be joining Showtime’s nudity-happy period hourlong “Masters Of Sex,” which stars Lizzy Caplan and Michael Sheen as 1950s sex researchers and is one of the best shows Showtime has ever forged.
Hopefully the comely Silverman, who got very naked for the big screen’s “Take This Waltz,” will indulge more clothes-free scenes.
No details on her character aside from her name, Helen, in this press release:
LOS ANGELES, CA (April 28, 2014) – Emmy-winning comedian and actress Sarah Silverman is joining the cast of season two of the acclaimed SHOWTIME drama series MASTERS OF SEX. Silverman will recur in the guest starring role of Helen. Production on season two is currently underway in Los Angeles, and will premiere on Sunday, July 13th at 10 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME.
Sarah Silverman received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Leading Actress in a Comedy Series for "The Sarah Silverman Program," and was also nominated for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for "Monk." She won an Emmy for Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics as one of the writers of a song for "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" Silverman will next be seen starring in Seth MacFarlane's soon-to-be released feature "A Million Ways to Die in the West." She also just wrapped production on the drama film “I Smile Back” in which she stars in the lead role. Silverman’s other feature-film credits include "Wreck-It Ralph," "Take This Waltz," and "Sarah Silverman: Jesus Is Magic." Silverman is the author of The New York Times bestseller "The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption and Pee." Last year she debuted an hour-long stand-up special, “We are Miracles.” Additionally, Silverman is a part of JASH, a new comedy collective on YouTube featuring original content by Silverman (and friends Michael Cera, Tim & Eric and Reggie Watts).
Season one of MASTERS OF SEX received both Golden Globe® and WGA nominations and was honored as one of AFI’s Top Ten Television Programs of the Year. Starring Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan as real-life pioneers of human sexuality, William Masters and Virginia Johnson, the series chronicles their unusual lives, romance and pop culture trajectory. Their research touched off the sexual revolution and took them from a mid-western teaching hospital in St. Louis to the cover of Time magazine. The series is an adaptation of Thomas Maier's book Masters of Sex: The Life and Times of William Masters and Virginia Johnson, The Couple Who Taught America How To Love. Season two also stars Caitlin Fitzgerald, Teddy Sears and Annaleigh Ashford. MASTERS OF SEX was created by Michelle Ashford (The Pacific) who also serves as an executive producer. In addition, the series is executive produced by Carl Beverly, Sarah Timberman, Judith Verno and Amy Lippman. Michael Dinner, Michael Sheen, Tammy Rosen and Thomas Maier serve as producers. MASTERS OF SEX is produced by Sony Pictures Television.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 254 total posts 155 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 388 total posts 143 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 250 total posts 112 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 254 total posts 93 posts
- Rest In Peace Makeup Legend Dick Smith -- 79 total posts 79 posts
- International BIRDMAN Trailer Is Here!!! -- 63 total posts 63 posts
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 96 total posts 62 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 181 total posts 58 posts
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 60 total posts 46 posts