Kevin Smith to reassemble his TUSK cast, including Michael Parks, Justin Long, and Haley Joel Osment, for ANTI-CLAUS!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Above photo courtesy of Beware Horror Movies.
Kevin Smith is putting the finishing touches on TUSK, his walrus-themed horror-ish movie with Michael Parks and Justin Long, but he's already got his next movie lined up, and he's bringing his principal cast back with him. Smith will dip his toes back into the horror well with ANTI-CLAUS, a Christmas-themed scarer about the evil, child-eating creature known as Krampus. His cast for the formerly-titled COMES THE KRAMPUS! will be headed up by his four leads from TUSK, namely Parks, Long, Genesis Rodriguez, and Haley Joel Osment.
I guess CLERKS III is still getting together, because even before TUSK started shooting, Smith had announced the threequel as his next project, but it keeps getting pushed back for other projects. When he first discussed the project on his blog, he mentioned that it would shoot "right on the heels of CLERKS III" which he said had a confirmed start date of April 7th. Well, that didn't happen, so it looks like ANTI-CLAUS is taking that flicks place as the next item on his agenda.
No word as to whether he kept the CREEPSHOW-esque anthology structure he's previously associated with the project, with segments to be directed by SModCo associates Andy McElfresh, Carol Banker, Jennifer Schwalbach (yes, his wife), and good ol' Jason Mewes, but Smith is the only name announced so far, so there's a possibility that conceit's been dropped. Shame, for God knows there haven't been enough worthwhile horror anthologies in a healthy minute, but I'm still curious to see what Kev's got planned for his Christmas-themed monster flick.
Hopefully, he switches things up and puts Mr. Osment (so damn funny on the recent SPOILS OF BABYLON miniseries) front and center this time around instead of Long. Just to keep things fresh, you know. You wouldn't want to see Gibson and Glover spend another movie bickering right after LETHAL WEAPON 1, right?
Production on ANTI-CLAUS is scheduled to begin this Fall (the same time TUSK is set to be released), so expect a release sometime next year.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 119 total posts 5 posts
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 159 total posts 4 posts
- Scott Glenn Joins Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, Rosario Dawson, Elden Henson and Deborah Ann Woll For Netflix’s DAREDEVIL Series!! -- 46 total posts 3 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 33 total posts 2 posts
- A New Promo For STAR WARS REBELS Brings Action And Character Intros!! -- 71 total posts 2 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 84 total posts 2 posts
- Behold This Slick, Energized Cliche Storm Of A Trailer For Keanu Reeves' JOHN WICK!! -- 136 total posts 1 post
- Look Upon The Bizarre, Horrible, And Possibly Awesome Insanity Of This DEAD SNOW 2 Trailer!! -- 50 total posts 1 post
- 2nd Sept 2014 PICKS & PEEKS Column: CAP 2, Pumpkinhead, Toho, Addams, Star Trek, Slashers, Comedy & Action+ -- 1754 total posts 1 post
- Here come a remake that will really make you feel old - Sony is fast tracking a remake to I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER! -- 85 total posts 1 post