Kevin Smith to reassemble his TUSK cast, including Michael Parks, Justin Long, and Haley Joel Osment, for ANTI-CLAUS!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Above photo courtesy of Beware Horror Movies.
Kevin Smith is putting the finishing touches on TUSK, his walrus-themed horror-ish movie with Michael Parks and Justin Long, but he's already got his next movie lined up, and he's bringing his principal cast back with him. Smith will dip his toes back into the horror well with ANTI-CLAUS, a Christmas-themed scarer about the evil, child-eating creature known as Krampus. His cast for the formerly-titled COMES THE KRAMPUS! will be headed up by his four leads from TUSK, namely Parks, Long, Genesis Rodriguez, and Haley Joel Osment.
I guess CLERKS III is still getting together, because even before TUSK started shooting, Smith had announced the threequel as his next project, but it keeps getting pushed back for other projects. When he first discussed the project on his blog, he mentioned that it would shoot "right on the heels of CLERKS III" which he said had a confirmed start date of April 7th. Well, that didn't happen, so it looks like ANTI-CLAUS is taking that flicks place as the next item on his agenda.
No word as to whether he kept the CREEPSHOW-esque anthology structure he's previously associated with the project, with segments to be directed by SModCo associates Andy McElfresh, Carol Banker, Jennifer Schwalbach (yes, his wife), and good ol' Jason Mewes, but Smith is the only name announced so far, so there's a possibility that conceit's been dropped. Shame, for God knows there haven't been enough worthwhile horror anthologies in a healthy minute, but I'm still curious to see what Kev's got planned for his Christmas-themed monster flick.
Hopefully, he switches things up and puts Mr. Osment (so damn funny on the recent SPOILS OF BABYLON miniseries) front and center this time around instead of Long. Just to keep things fresh, you know. You wouldn't want to see Gibson and Glover spend another movie bickering right after LETHAL WEAPON 1, right?
Production on ANTI-CLAUS is scheduled to begin this Fall (the same time TUSK is set to be released), so expect a release sometime next year.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 74 total posts 74 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 302 total posts 73 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 245 total posts 60 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 299 total posts 52 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 101 total posts 48 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 246 total posts 13 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 287 total posts 12 posts
- Check Out this New Poster for HORNS! -- 36 total posts 9 posts
- AICN Austin's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Screening at Alamo Lakeline is set! Come join the fun! -- 64 total posts 7 posts