Mark Hamill sighted in shape and in London. Wonder why that'd be...
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Peter Serafinowicz is a lovely man. He's not only a super funny writer and actor, but he's also a very nice guy in person. If you've never had the pleasure of meeting him you don't have to take my word for it because he has delivered us a nice geek gift via his twitter account today.
Below you'll see a current photo of Mark Hamill, who has obviously been getting in shape for his still somehow unofficial yet totally official return to the role of Luke Skywalker for JJ Abrams' Star Wars Episode VII. Serafinowicz's tweet read “Met up with @HamillHimself in London today. I wonder why he's here.”
Let's overlook the geek factor of Darth Maul's voice tweeting a photo of himself with Luke Skywalker and see just how much work Hamill has done to get in shape.
He's not cut or anything, but Luke never was that kind of guy anyway. To put some perspective on how much he's lost, check out this photo which I took at last year's May 4th anniversary screening of Return of the Jedi thrown by Hero Complex in LA:
Less than a year later and I'd say Hamill's dropped an easy 60 pounds. Plus he's got some scruff going on... The beginnings of a Jedi Master beard or just a guy like all of us who always puts off shaving until he absolutely has to?
I know some folks decried Abrams' decision to include the older cast more than previously planned, but the above picture only solidifies my stance that if you're going to choose to do Episodes 7, 8 and 9 then I want to see Han, Luke and Leia, not their kids.
My instinct upon announcement of the new trilogy was that doing yet more Skywalker stories was less interesting than doing a whole new series with new characters, but if they are bound and determined to do that then I don't want the old guard to be cameos. So, I may be the only person Abrams pleases by increasing the amount of screen time they're getting, but if it was my call I woulda done the same thing.
Thoughts? We got May the 4th coming up soon. Word 'round the block is we'll be getting some big official announcements about the new films then. Stay tuned.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 529 total posts 143 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 313 total posts 135 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 100 total posts 100 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 232 total posts 87 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 81 total posts 81 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1499 total posts 56 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 53 total posts 53 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 84 total posts 51 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 60 total posts 50 posts