Richard Donner speaks about Goonies 2, talks about Steven Spielberg's involvement!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I'm very, very sorry for posting any sort of link to TMZ, but once in a blue moon they stumble upon something that's actually relevant to anybody that doesn't give a shit about celebrity gossip and in those rare instances I'm forced to feed the monster a little bit.
In this case, they cornered Richard Donner outside of a restaurant and grilled him about the recently announced Goonies sequel. For half of the video he plays coy, needling them a little bit, before he politely smiles off the cameraman taking credit for getting the Goonies 2 ball rolling. It's a little painful to watch, but by the end they do get a nugget of info out of him. Mainly that Steven Spielberg is not only involved, but he instigated the recent movement and plotted out the story for the sequel. To what extent we don't know, but according to Donner he's involved in more than just slapping his name on it.
So far no cast members have been invited back and it sounds like we're still in very, very early days on this project. I'm personally of two minds. I think Goonies was perfect for its audience the year it came out. It was right at the height of the Amblin heyday, spoke directly to the kids of the '80s and recapturing that spark for today's generation is more than a bit of a challenge.
I'd definitely like to see that cast come back and play a little bit more, but I'm just as happy letting the original live as a one-off.
What about you? What do you guys think?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 163 total posts 163 posts
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 258 total posts 157 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 260 total posts 122 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 111 total posts 111 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 74 total posts 74 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 156 total posts 65 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 115 total posts 59 posts
- Gaze Upon the Trailer for Tim Burton's BIG EYES! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 42 total posts 42 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 68 total posts 40 posts