Follow David Cronenberg's MAPS TO THE STARS In This Twisted New Trailer!
I'm going to consider it a good thing that I cannot make heads or tails of what David Cronenberg's up to with MAPS OF THE STARS based on this trailer. I'm also going to choose to be encouraged by the bizarrely convoluted plot summary (see below), which only partially clarifies what we see in the trailer. Though Cronenberg's last few efforts haven't entirely worked for me, he's still David Freaking Cronenberg. If screenwriter Bruce Wagner is on his game (as he was with most of WILD PALMS), this could be a particularly nasty Hollywood satire. I tend to dig those. See for yourself...
MAPS TO THE STARS will hit theaters at some point in 2014. I wouldn't be surprised to see this debut at the Cannes Film Festival in May.
Following the lives of Weiss family, an archetypical Hollywood dynasty, Dr. Stafford Weiss is a psychotherapist, who has made a fortune with his self-help manuals; his wife Cristina manages the career of their thirteen-year-old son, Benjie, a child star, who recently came out of a drug rehabilitation program, which he entered at the age of nine; their daughter Agatha has recently been released from a sanatorium where she was admitted for the treatment of criminal pyromania. After her release from the sanatorium, she befriends a limo driver and aspiring actor, Jerome Fontana. Havana Segrand, one of Stafford’s clients and an actress, has a unique new assistant. She wants to shoot a remake of the 1960s movie, starring her mother Clarice which made her famous. Clarice has been dead for sometime now and visions of her ghost come to haunt Havana at night.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 112 total posts 8 posts
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 31 total posts 7 posts
- A New Tease For DOCTOR WHO Season / Series 8!! -- 108 total posts 2 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 146 total posts 1 post
- Learn Which STAR TREK Icon Joins GAME OF THRONES Next Season!! (Hint: Not Nimoy!!) -- 64 total posts 1 post
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 603 total posts 1 post
- Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!! -- 2 total posts 1 post
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 65 total posts 1 post
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 391 total posts 1 post