‘You Can’t Make It Better!!’
Herc’s Seen MAD MEN 7.1!!
Mad Men 7.1 FAQ
What’s it called?
Teleplay is credited to series mastermind Matthew Weiner.
What says AMC?
“Don makes a new friend. Joan meets a client for drinks. Peggy hears impressive new work. Roger has a puzzling phone call.”
Is Don back working for Sterling Draper?
I am specifically prohibited from discussing this or any aspect of Don’s work situation.
In what year does season seven begin?
I am specifically prohibited from discussing this too. I’ll only remind that season one began in March 1960 and season six ended in November 1968. (Look for Harry Hamlin’s Jim Cutler to offer a huge clue early on, and Don’s TV set to offer great specificity late in the episode.)
Who is Don’s new friend?
The new friend is played by someone you’re going to recognize.
Which client does Joan meet?
Not Avon. Or Jaguar. Another.
Whose impressive new work does Peggy hear?
It’s someone we’ve met before, and Peggy hears this new work in the very first scene. “That’s a home run,” she marvels. “Actually, it’s kind of an end-run.”
Is that someone Sal Romano?
Sal was last seen in season three.
What is the nature of Roger’s puzzling call?
It’s from someone he knows quite well.
Have Don and Megan split?
That would be telling.
Are Megan and Don now living in Los Angeles?
That would also be telling.
Can you tell us about any new characters?
I am not permitted!
Did Dewey kill that DEA agent played by Eric Roberts?
How does it start?
“Are you ready?” a character we’ve not seen since season five asks, staring right at us. “Because I want you to pay attention. This is the beginning of something.”
In what order do we meet the main characters?
Peggy. Roger. Joan. Don. Pete.
Betty and Sally?
Do not appear this week. We don’t see much of Bert Cooper either.
The big news?
A 40-year-old famous for a role in a horror movie joins the cast.
What else is AMC not telling us?
Allan Havey, who played ad man Lou Avery in two episodes of “Mad Men” last year, appears in the 7th-season premiere.
Stevie Winwood. Lost Horizon. The size of Roger’s bed. The depth-perception gag. “I feel like we really got somewhere last night.” “It feels like more.” “He can have her.” “Everyone says they can tell where the fire starts.” “You can blame Madison Avenue for that.” “Move him over too.” “I’m sorry but I have to get back to work.” “Nothing. You can’t make it better.”
What’s not so good?
Only one hour for the season premiere, and only seven hours total this year!
How does it end, spoiler boy?
With a figure in a robe!
10 p.m. Sunday. AMC.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Season Premiere Of DOCTOR WHO And Asks: Why Is It So Terrible?? -- 123 total posts 123 posts
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 146 total posts 103 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- Trailer for Gregg Araki's WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD, Starring Shailene Woodley and Eva Green! -- 96 total posts 90 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 89 total posts 89 posts
- Shane Black to bring Remo Williams back to the big screen in THE DESTROYER! -- 213 total posts 80 posts
- Is Tarantino about to make Jennifer Lawrence one of THE HATEFUL EIGHT!?! -- 156 total posts 78 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 381 total posts 49 posts
- Trailer for NIGHTCRAWLER! "If it bleeds, it leads!" -- 87 total posts 43 posts
- Harry Potter spinoff FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM to be directed by someone...who's directed Harry Potter movies! -- 119 total posts 31 posts