Actors from THE OFFICE, SNL, Derrick Comedy, and TWILIGHT goofily play sports in this trailer for INTRAMURAL!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
This trailer's the first time I'm hearing about the second film from director Andrew Disney (no relation), INTRAMURAL, but it's looking like a lively, funny take on the sports comedy genre. There are a bunch of recognizable faces in here, including THE OFFICE's Jake Lacy as the lead, Caleb, who reunites his college intramural football team to face down their longtime rivals in a redemption match honoring his paralyzed former teammate. Current SNL cast members Jay Pharoah, Beck Bennett, and Kate McKinnon, TWILIGHT/THIRTEEN's Nikki Reed, and Derrick Comedy alum D.C. Pierson also pop their heads in
Even if the overall tone is very loud and broad (more NOT ANOTHER TEEN MOVIE than WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER), this got more solid laughs outta me than I would've expected. I'm not gonna lie, I've watched the trailer twice, and that headbutt bit got me both times. Plus, I'm a sucker for well-matched comedians in commentator roles (Gary Cole and Jason Bateman in DODGEBALL remain hilarious on repeat viewings, and Stephen Colbert and Jim Gaffigan singlehandedly elevate THE LOVE GURU), and I definitely look forward to seeing more of Pharoah and Pierson's sideline jokesters.
What do you guys think? MAJOR LEAGUE or MAJOR LEAGUE: BACK TO THE MINORS (or more appropriately, AIR BUD or AIR BUD: SEVENTH INNING FETCH)?
INTRAMURAL kicks off at Tribeca on April 19th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 262 total posts 262 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 152 total posts 152 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 358 total posts 131 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 117 total posts 117 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 287 total posts 103 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 319 total posts 73 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 118 total posts 65 posts
- Sam Raimi Producing THE LAST OF US Movie! Maisie Williams In Talk To Play Ellie! -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 39 total posts 39 posts