Here are four new character posters for TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. When I was about 11 or 12 years old I remember my mom coming into my room while I was playing SNES, looking at the posters on my walls and asking when I was going to outgrow the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. My response to her then was “Never!” I was a turtle obsessed kid. I took Tae Kwon Do at Ernie Reyes Sr's dojo because his son did all the fight stuff as Donatello in the first movie (and later went on to play the pizza boy in the second).
Obviously I wasn't very good at Tae Kwon Do and didn't stick with it, but I still do have a soft spot in my heart for the original cartoon series and that first movie.
I think back to that time when my mom asked when when I'd outgrow the Turtles and I'm wondering if that time has finally been reached because I'm struggling to find any excitement about this new iteration. I'm curious about it, sure. The new designs are so grotesque and bizarre that I'm actually kind of intrigued, but excited? Not really.
If they are going with crazy mutated characters like Baxter Stockman and Rocksteady and Bebop then my excitement level will rise a bit and the fact that Fichtner is in the movie is kind of awesome, but on the whole? Maybe I'm over it. We'll see. If Michael Bay's outfit can make a super fun movie that's all I'm looking for at this point.
Oh, yeah. There's news to talk about, isn't there? I'll get off my soapbox. Paramount released four new teaser posters featuring the hands (and weapons) of all four Turtles. It's actually a pretty good campaign choice, looking at it from a marketing standpoint, but something that would have been way cooler if they released, say, 6 months ago. After seeing the Turtles in action in the new trailer it's a bit of a weird time to tease them this way, but I like the look of the posters.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Tomorrow's THE STRAIN, The Next HOMELAND, Fox’s GOTHAM, Showtime’s THE AFFAIR, ABC’s FOREVER, CBS’ SCORPION & MADAM SECRETARY, Scott Frank’s A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES And The Latest MARVEL, DC & SNL News!! Plus The Return Of Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 41 total posts 41 posts
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 190 total posts 34 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 167 total posts 30 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 219 total posts 26 posts
- Capone says Kevin Smith's wonderfully grotesque TUSK falters when it tries too hard to be funny!!! -- 67 total posts 26 posts
- Papa Vinyard talks with Rose McGowan about her first project as a director and the DAWN Film Festival she's curating this week in downtown Los Angeles! -- 36 total posts 25 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 68 total posts 22 posts
- Harry @ Fantastic Fest 2014: TUSK, REALITI, CUB, TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA, HIVE, MAN FROM RENO & FREE FALL! -- 15 total posts 14 posts
- Capone's Art-House Round-Up with THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: THEM and Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM!!! -- 26 total posts 12 posts
- The Additions of Sam Elliott and DEADWOOD’s Garret Dillahunt Suggest That The Final Season Of JUSTIFIED Will Own Us All!! -- 31 total posts 12 posts