Here are four new character posters for TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. When I was about 11 or 12 years old I remember my mom coming into my room while I was playing SNES, looking at the posters on my walls and asking when I was going to outgrow the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. My response to her then was “Never!” I was a turtle obsessed kid. I took Tae Kwon Do at Ernie Reyes Sr's dojo because his son did all the fight stuff as Donatello in the first movie (and later went on to play the pizza boy in the second).
Obviously I wasn't very good at Tae Kwon Do and didn't stick with it, but I still do have a soft spot in my heart for the original cartoon series and that first movie.
I think back to that time when my mom asked when when I'd outgrow the Turtles and I'm wondering if that time has finally been reached because I'm struggling to find any excitement about this new iteration. I'm curious about it, sure. The new designs are so grotesque and bizarre that I'm actually kind of intrigued, but excited? Not really.
If they are going with crazy mutated characters like Baxter Stockman and Rocksteady and Bebop then my excitement level will rise a bit and the fact that Fichtner is in the movie is kind of awesome, but on the whole? Maybe I'm over it. We'll see. If Michael Bay's outfit can make a super fun movie that's all I'm looking for at this point.
Oh, yeah. There's news to talk about, isn't there? I'll get off my soapbox. Paramount released four new teaser posters featuring the hands (and weapons) of all four Turtles. It's actually a pretty good campaign choice, looking at it from a marketing standpoint, but something that would have been way cooler if they released, say, 6 months ago. After seeing the Turtles in action in the new trailer it's a bit of a weird time to tease them this way, but I like the look of the posters.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 50 total posts 46 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 385 total posts 13 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 423 total posts 10 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 721 total posts 7 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 7 total posts 7 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 30 total posts 5 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 31 total posts 2 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 569 total posts 2 posts
- Capone talks love among the ages with LOVE IS STRANGE director & co-writer Ira Sachs!!! -- 2 total posts 2 posts