Here are four new character posters for TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. When I was about 11 or 12 years old I remember my mom coming into my room while I was playing SNES, looking at the posters on my walls and asking when I was going to outgrow the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. My response to her then was “Never!” I was a turtle obsessed kid. I took Tae Kwon Do at Ernie Reyes Sr's dojo because his son did all the fight stuff as Donatello in the first movie (and later went on to play the pizza boy in the second).
Obviously I wasn't very good at Tae Kwon Do and didn't stick with it, but I still do have a soft spot in my heart for the original cartoon series and that first movie.
I think back to that time when my mom asked when when I'd outgrow the Turtles and I'm wondering if that time has finally been reached because I'm struggling to find any excitement about this new iteration. I'm curious about it, sure. The new designs are so grotesque and bizarre that I'm actually kind of intrigued, but excited? Not really.
If they are going with crazy mutated characters like Baxter Stockman and Rocksteady and Bebop then my excitement level will rise a bit and the fact that Fichtner is in the movie is kind of awesome, but on the whole? Maybe I'm over it. We'll see. If Michael Bay's outfit can make a super fun movie that's all I'm looking for at this point.
Oh, yeah. There's news to talk about, isn't there? I'll get off my soapbox. Paramount released four new teaser posters featuring the hands (and weapons) of all four Turtles. It's actually a pretty good campaign choice, looking at it from a marketing standpoint, but something that would have been way cooler if they released, say, 6 months ago. After seeing the Turtles in action in the new trailer it's a bit of a weird time to tease them this way, but I like the look of the posters.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 525 total posts 139 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 309 total posts 131 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 86 total posts 86 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 225 total posts 80 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 66 total posts 66 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1494 total posts 51 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 82 total posts 49 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 59 total posts 49 posts
- A Preview Of SQUICKERWONKERS!! A New Book From LOST’s Evangeline Lilly - She's Bringing It To Comic Con This Week!! -- 45 total posts 45 posts