Here are four new character posters for TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. When I was about 11 or 12 years old I remember my mom coming into my room while I was playing SNES, looking at the posters on my walls and asking when I was going to outgrow the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. My response to her then was “Never!” I was a turtle obsessed kid. I took Tae Kwon Do at Ernie Reyes Sr's dojo because his son did all the fight stuff as Donatello in the first movie (and later went on to play the pizza boy in the second).
Obviously I wasn't very good at Tae Kwon Do and didn't stick with it, but I still do have a soft spot in my heart for the original cartoon series and that first movie.
I think back to that time when my mom asked when when I'd outgrow the Turtles and I'm wondering if that time has finally been reached because I'm struggling to find any excitement about this new iteration. I'm curious about it, sure. The new designs are so grotesque and bizarre that I'm actually kind of intrigued, but excited? Not really.
If they are going with crazy mutated characters like Baxter Stockman and Rocksteady and Bebop then my excitement level will rise a bit and the fact that Fichtner is in the movie is kind of awesome, but on the whole? Maybe I'm over it. We'll see. If Michael Bay's outfit can make a super fun movie that's all I'm looking for at this point.
Oh, yeah. There's news to talk about, isn't there? I'll get off my soapbox. Paramount released four new teaser posters featuring the hands (and weapons) of all four Turtles. It's actually a pretty good campaign choice, looking at it from a marketing standpoint, but something that would have been way cooler if they released, say, 6 months ago. After seeing the Turtles in action in the new trailer it's a bit of a weird time to tease them this way, but I like the look of the posters.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 293 total posts 228 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 142 total posts 142 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 141 total posts 80 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 433 total posts 77 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 276 total posts 47 posts
- BIG HERO 6 Coming To Disney Infinity 2.0!! And STAR WARS!? -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- Fox To Remake LAURA With A Screenplay By James Ellroy! -- 54 total posts 33 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- A New Poster For Robert Downey Jr’s THE JUDGE (It Has A Great Cast)!! -- 24 total posts 24 posts