Here are four new character posters for TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. When I was about 11 or 12 years old I remember my mom coming into my room while I was playing SNES, looking at the posters on my walls and asking when I was going to outgrow the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. My response to her then was “Never!” I was a turtle obsessed kid. I took Tae Kwon Do at Ernie Reyes Sr's dojo because his son did all the fight stuff as Donatello in the first movie (and later went on to play the pizza boy in the second).
Obviously I wasn't very good at Tae Kwon Do and didn't stick with it, but I still do have a soft spot in my heart for the original cartoon series and that first movie.
I think back to that time when my mom asked when when I'd outgrow the Turtles and I'm wondering if that time has finally been reached because I'm struggling to find any excitement about this new iteration. I'm curious about it, sure. The new designs are so grotesque and bizarre that I'm actually kind of intrigued, but excited? Not really.
If they are going with crazy mutated characters like Baxter Stockman and Rocksteady and Bebop then my excitement level will rise a bit and the fact that Fichtner is in the movie is kind of awesome, but on the whole? Maybe I'm over it. We'll see. If Michael Bay's outfit can make a super fun movie that's all I'm looking for at this point.
Oh, yeah. There's news to talk about, isn't there? I'll get off my soapbox. Paramount released four new teaser posters featuring the hands (and weapons) of all four Turtles. It's actually a pretty good campaign choice, looking at it from a marketing standpoint, but something that would have been way cooler if they released, say, 6 months ago. After seeing the Turtles in action in the new trailer it's a bit of a weird time to tease them this way, but I like the look of the posters.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flag in THE STAND?!! -- 203 total posts 75 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 143 total posts 34 posts
- Rumor Has It Another Character Is Returning To STAR WARS... -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Season Premiere Of DOCTOR WHO And Asks: Why Is It So Terrible?? -- 186 total posts 21 posts
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 172 total posts 13 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 118 total posts 8 posts
- Creepy Dolls and Satanic Cults! Full ANNABELLE Trailer is Here! -- 103 total posts 6 posts
- An Andrew Dominik-written, Justin Lin-directed SHAOLIN TEMPLE remake is in the works! -- 27 total posts 4 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 390 total posts 4 posts