Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an early screening of LOCKE, starring Tom Hardy, with writer-director Steven Knight Q&A!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
After coming seemingly out of nowhere a couple years ago and hitting us with a strong of impressive roles in INCEPTION, TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY, WARRIOR, LAWLESS, and, of course, THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, versatile actor Tom Hardy did not put out a film in all of 2013, which doesn't mean he wasn't working. The truth is Hardy has four films in the can and is about to get production going on a couple more, including ROCKET MAN, in which he plays Elton John. It seems like he's been working on MAD MAX: FURY ROAD for ten years, and we'll see him opposite the late James Gandolfini in THE DROP this September. But next up for Hardy is something entirely unique called LOCKE, from writer-director Steven Wright, best known for his screenplays for DIRTY PRETTY THINGS, EASTERN PROMISES, CLOSED CIRCUIT, and REDEMPTION, which he also directed.
And the reason LOCKE is so singular is because its cast is also singular: Tom Hardy is the only actor we see on screen, playing Ivan Locke, a construction manager who is compelled for highly personal reasons to leave his job and family behind (hopefully temporarily). Executed in more or less real time, the entire film is Hardy in a car taking a rapid succession of phone calls trying to deal with the mess he's left behind and the one he's driving toward. It's an absolutely gripping experience that will pin you to your seat and get you completely caught up in Ivan's mess of a life.
If you live in the Chicago area, there's an early screening of LOCKE on Sunday, April 13 at 7pm at a theater in Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners). As an added bonus, the writer-director of LOCKE, Steven Knight, will be on hand for a post-screening Q&A, which should prove exceptional.
To win a pair of tickets (or just one, if that's all you want), send me an email at LockeChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "One-Man Show" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite film with the smallest cast?" In other words, I'm looking for the title of a film with very few actors in the cast; and if you all pick GRAVITY, I'm going to get bored quickly and possibly not select you. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best answers win, and you'll hear from me VERY SOON if you won, so check your email over the weekend!
Because this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, it is overbooked to guarantee a full house. Winners' seats will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the A24 for giving us this very cool screening and bring Steven Knight to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Rumor Has It Another Character Is Returning To STAR WARS... -- 110 total posts 110 posts
- Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flag in THE STAND?!! -- 230 total posts 102 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 176 total posts 67 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Season Premiere Of DOCTOR WHO And Asks: Why Is It So Terrible?? -- 202 total posts 37 posts
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 177 total posts 18 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 120 total posts 10 posts
- An Andrew Dominik-written, Justin Lin-directed SHAOLIN TEMPLE remake is in the works! -- 31 total posts 8 posts
- Creepy Dolls and Satanic Cults! Full ANNABELLE Trailer is Here! -- 104 total posts 7 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 392 total posts 6 posts