Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an early screening of LOCKE, starring Tom Hardy, with writer-director Steven Knight Q&A!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
After coming seemingly out of nowhere a couple years ago and hitting us with a strong of impressive roles in INCEPTION, TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY, WARRIOR, LAWLESS, and, of course, THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, versatile actor Tom Hardy did not put out a film in all of 2013, which doesn't mean he wasn't working. The truth is Hardy has four films in the can and is about to get production going on a couple more, including ROCKET MAN, in which he plays Elton John. It seems like he's been working on MAD MAX: FURY ROAD for ten years, and we'll see him opposite the late James Gandolfini in THE DROP this September. But next up for Hardy is something entirely unique called LOCKE, from writer-director Steven Wright, best known for his screenplays for DIRTY PRETTY THINGS, EASTERN PROMISES, CLOSED CIRCUIT, and REDEMPTION, which he also directed.
And the reason LOCKE is so singular is because its cast is also singular: Tom Hardy is the only actor we see on screen, playing Ivan Locke, a construction manager who is compelled for highly personal reasons to leave his job and family behind (hopefully temporarily). Executed in more or less real time, the entire film is Hardy in a car taking a rapid succession of phone calls trying to deal with the mess he's left behind and the one he's driving toward. It's an absolutely gripping experience that will pin you to your seat and get you completely caught up in Ivan's mess of a life.
If you live in the Chicago area, there's an early screening of LOCKE on Sunday, April 13 at 7pm at a theater in Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners). As an added bonus, the writer-director of LOCKE, Steven Knight, will be on hand for a post-screening Q&A, which should prove exceptional.
To win a pair of tickets (or just one, if that's all you want), send me an email at LockeChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "One-Man Show" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite film with the smallest cast?" In other words, I'm looking for the title of a film with very few actors in the cast; and if you all pick GRAVITY, I'm going to get bored quickly and possibly not select you. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best answers win, and you'll hear from me VERY SOON if you won, so check your email over the weekend!
Because this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, it is overbooked to guarantee a full house. Winners' seats will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the A24 for giving us this very cool screening and bring Steven Knight to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 118 total posts 35 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 30 total posts 20 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 183 total posts 19 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 311 total posts 16 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 58 total posts 16 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 187 total posts 12 posts
- Latino Review’s El Mayimbe aka Umberto Gonzalez is set to direct the digital actioner, BREAKNECK! -- 19 total posts 12 posts
- Trailer for OUT OF PRINT, a documentary about the New Beverly Theater and the importance of preserving 35mm exhibition! -- 35 total posts 9 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 69 total posts 8 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 69 total posts 8 posts