What's this? An inspired choice to direct the SINISTER SIX flick?!?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Holy smokes, this is good news. I admire Joss Whedon. The man knows how to flesh out characters in a short time period and do so with genuine humor and wit. However, I think he got way too much credit for the awesomeness of Cabin in the Woods. Not saying he didn't deserve it and wasn't a big part of what made that movie work, but his partner in crime Drew Goddard did a hell of a job directing and co-scripting.
Goddard is already doing that Daredevil/Netflix thing, but if Deadline is correct then he's about to dip his toe into another corner of the Marvel universe. Deadline reports that he is very close to a deal to direct the Sinister Six movie they're building up to with the new Spider-Man movies.
This puts Goddard in a rather unique position. He's working with Sony on their big Marvel property and with Marvel Films itself on one of their major characters. Add into the mix that Goddard and Whedon go back a long way as friends and collaborators and you have my geek-out version of Spidey-sense tingling.
We know Fox will never ever ever ever let Marvel have Fantastic Four or X-Men back (one of the main reasons development hell hasn't swallowed the incredibly troubled attempt to reboot FF, I hear), but Sony isn't quite in the same place of strength (or dickishness) that Fox is. Could we see the two studios team up? All I'm saying is it would blow fan's minds if Spidey swung onto the Stark Tower balcony at the end of Age of Ultron.
Anyway, Goddard is a fantastic choice for Sinister Six. His cinematic eye is sharp and I think he'll kick this thing's ass. As long as he doesn't change one goddamn thing about Mysterio. That Alex Ross art above is damn near perfect. Don't mess with it!
The Deadline story adds that Sony is planning on pumping out another Spider-Man film in 2016 before Sinister Six goes on to film, so that gives Goddard plenty of time to develop the flick and get Daredevil squared away.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 218 total posts 117 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 204 total posts 67 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 132 total posts 41 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 92 total posts 36 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 440 total posts 29 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! -- 28 total posts 28 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 49 total posts 21 posts
- The Premiere Of TIM & ERIC’s BEDTIME STORIES!! New GARFUNKEL, HAVEN & LOSER!! HONORABLE, RUSH, WORST, NAKED, MARRIED & SATISFACTION Finales!! The Return Of BREAKING AMISH!! Terry Gilliam On COLBERT!! Carmen Lynch On CRAIG!! Julianna & Viggo On SETH!! Ali Wong @MIDNIGHT!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 18 total posts 15 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 206 total posts 11 posts