PETER MAYHEW IS RETURNING AS CHEWBACCA!!!!!!!!!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Disney still hasn't officially confirmed any cast members as-of-yet, but THR's reported something that previously didn't seem that likely: Peter Mayhew is, indeed, getting suited up once more to play the baddest Wookie this side of the Mid Rim, Chewbacca!!!
There were rumors that the 7' 3" actor was suffering from back and knee problems that would prevent him from participating alongside expected returnees Hamill, Ford, and Fisher, but apparently that's all bullshit. With a growl and a head-tilt back, Chewie is as ready as ever to co-pilot the Falcon and roll into battle with Han and the rest at least one more time. And we couldn't be happier for it.
This is totally not how I expected the first solid word of a returning cast member hire to go down, but it seems oddly perfect. Mayhew is the least known for his non-SW work of the principal returning good guys (save for maybe Anthony Daniels), but Chewbacca remains a beloved, iconic figure from the OT. If they wanted the first real fanboy casting response to be an unequivocal "HELL YEAH!", well, they played that hand beautifully in my opinion.
Alan Horn was saying that most of the cast is set as of last week, so expect a bunch more of these pseudo-official casting updates to pop up leading up to next month's May 14th start date.
STAR WARS: EPISODE VII will tell another story of a boy, a girl, and a universe on December 18th, 2015.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 213 total posts 80 posts
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 82 total posts 75 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 281 total posts 43 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 83 total posts 39 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 389 total posts 38 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 90 total posts 12 posts
- FX Renews THE STRAIN For Season Two!! -- 33 total posts 10 posts
- T-MINUS 3 DAYS(ish) And It’s A Wednesday MiniDocback!! New ‘DOCTOR WHO EXTRA’ BTS Show Announced, Germany To Initially Transmit ‘Deep Breath’ Undubbed, And HornOrSilk Reviews ‘The Abandoned’ Big Finish Audio!! -- 34 total posts 9 posts
- Showtime Renews MASTERS OF SEX And RAY DONOVAN For Third Seasons!! -- 7 total posts 7 posts
- New TV Spot for OUIJA! -- 39 total posts 5 posts