‘Lots Of Cunts!!’
Hercules Says Jaime, Cersei, Arya And The Hound Steal The Show In HBO’s Wonderful First GAME OF THRONES Since June!!
Game of Thrones 4.1 FAQ
What’s it called?
Showrunner D.B. Weiss makes his directorial debut from a teleplay credited to series masterminds Weiss and David Benioff.
What says HBO?
“Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) welcomes a guest to King’s Landing. At Castle Black, Jon Snow (Kit Harington) finds himself unwelcome. Dany (Emilia Clarke) is pointed to Meereen, the mother of all slave cities. Arya (Maisie Williams) runs into an old friend.”
Is it great?
Yes. This is a fabulous episode of the best series on television.
Is the guest Tyrion welcomes the vengefully Inigo-y Prince Oberyn Martell of Dorne?
It is. Those who have read the books know Oberyn is no fan of brutal Lannister henchman Gregor “The Mountain” Clegane.
Oberyn’s from “Dome”?
Caps could help. DORNE.
Jon Snow is unwelcome at Castle Black?
He wienered a wildling, an act still frowned upon by Watch management.
Which old friend does Arya run into?
Someone from her Harrenhal days. (Hint: not Tywin or The Mountain.)
The big news?
There’s a lot of Lannister in this one, but absolutely no (true) Bartheon, Greyjoy, Melissandre, Davos, Baelish, Bran, Jojen, Meera, Osha, Hodor, Varys, Edmure or Blackfish.
What else is HBO not telling us?
With the Baratheons and Starks defeated, one could judge this episode the start of the series’ post-War Of The Five Kings era. It’s even a relatively peaceful installment for those far outside King’s Landing like Jon Snow and Dany Targaryan.
Relatively peaceful? Sounds boring.
It is in no way boring, you swine. There are important developments that seem destined to imperil very popular characters, and the episode concludes with some exciting business involving the orphaned Arya Stark and fire-fearing deserter Sandor “The Hound” Clegane.
How does it start?
With a rare pre-credit sequence in which a minion of King Joffrey’s uberweatlhy grandpapa, Tywin Lannister, gives this episode its name. The first dialogue, spoken by one-handed Jaime Lannister, is “Magnificent.”
Bron & Tyrion. Tywin’s prediction for himself. Jamie’s goodbye to the hand-fitter. The dragons. Jack Gleeson’s reading of “Busy getting captured.” “But as long as I’m better than everyone else I suppose it doesn’t matter.” “So. Decisions.” “What’s the prize for winning this stupid contest?” “Except reading.” “They smell like Pycelle.” “Listening to talkers makes me thirsty.” “Something wrong with your leg, boy?” “Someone is.”
What’s not so great?
The long week-long wait for 4.2.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
Quite wonderfully, with a funny, applause-worthy reveal.
9 p.m. Sunday. HBO.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 290 total posts 290 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 172 total posts 172 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 361 total posts 134 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 119 total posts 119 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 118 total posts 118 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 290 total posts 106 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 319 total posts 73 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 123 total posts 70 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Sam Raimi Producing THE LAST OF US Movie! Maisie Williams In Talk To Play Ellie! -- 50 total posts 50 posts