Eli Roth KNOCK KNOCKed on the door of Keanu Reeves, and he totally answered!!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Remember that Eli Roth flick, KNOCK KNOCK, we told you about back in February? Well, Roth has, "in what has to be record time," amassed his cast for his latest feature, and for the first time in Roth's career, his leading man is an A-lister (not to knock Rider Strong or Jay Hernandez). According to Roth himself, Neo "Theodore" Utah himself, Keanu Reeves, is going to star in the "psychological thriller" as a family man whose home gets…approached by two young girls with questionable motives. Hmm…sounds like the start of HOSTEL, no? Wonder if things are going to work out better for Keanu than they did for those guys? (laughs) Just kidding, he's fucked.
Read Roth's thoughts on the project below:
“I had a window before I promote Green Inferno, and I wanted to make a movie like Roman Polanski or Paul Verhoeven made when they were young, a classic psychosexual thriller that’s not a horror movie, but would have everyone on the edge of their seats. Getting Keanu is amazing, he’s a fine actor who is perfect for this. I feel I can have this movie ready for Toronto if I need to, and he’s catching a plane tomorrow and we’ll be fitting him for wardrobe right away."
Like parts of Roth's last movie, THE GREEN INFERNO, KNOCK KNOCK will shoot in Chile, allegedly starting less than two weeks from now. Roth's above quote, Keanu's casting, and the presence of Colleen Camp (!!) as both producer and co-star have placed this movie firmly on my radar. It seems like this is his least horror-y of Roth's projects to date, and I'm all for him leaving his comfort zone, particularly with a dude like Keanu in tow. Reeves gets a lot of flack for his patented "wooden" style of acting, but he once again proved his geek mettle last year by directing THE MAN OF TAI CHI (which I highly recommend if you still haven't seen it), and even his haters have to admit he's effective in the right roles. So what if his English accent is a tad goofy?
At the very least, knowing Roth, I'd hope that he feeds his lead actor some excellent "Keanu moments." Like this one.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 240 total posts 141 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 359 total posts 114 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 218 total posts 80 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 219 total posts 58 posts
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 90 total posts 56 posts
- Rest In Peace Makeup Legend Dick Smith -- 50 total posts 50 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 173 total posts 50 posts
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 44 total posts 30 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 376 total posts 20 posts
- Is a New TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE Film in the Works? -- 49 total posts 20 posts