Pumpkinhead to be rebooted?!?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I love me some Pumpkinhead... specifically the first movie. Naturally all the sequels do not exist in this dojo, but that first movie is so dark and dirty and grimy and creepy that it presses all the right buttons for me.
As a horror kid Pumpkinhead managed to be one of the handful of scary movies that still felt dangerous. It's a brutal, moody flick that still gets under my skin to this very day (thanks, Stan!).
The idea of rebooting the idea of a fucked up revenge demon isn't a bad one, actually. I think a good filmmaker not worried about going down and dirty and adding in a really messed up revenge story could take full advantage of this wonderfully designed monster.
Tracking-Board.com claims that very thing is happening with producers Motion Picture Corporation of America and Brad Krevoy starting the process of rebooting. The problem is Stan Winston's not around anymore and the MPCA and Krevoy were producers on all the sequels, not the one actual good movie in the franchise.
However, I'm the optimistic type and if they bring on an interesting and hungry young director and either keep Pumpkinhead practical or give the VFX team a real budget then this one stands a chance of actually becoming a success story instead of an eye-rolling cash-in.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 550 total posts 10 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 165 total posts 7 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 113 total posts 5 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 145 total posts 4 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 70 total posts 4 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 331 total posts 4 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 52 total posts 3 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- "What will you do when you find your father?" "I'm going to kill him." Teaser trailer for NED RIFLE, "the third and final chapter of HENRY FOOL"! -- 16 total posts 2 posts
- Exclusive MATADOR Clip!! New DRUNK, TYRANT, NATHAN, CARTER, GEAR, STORAGE, SHIPPING, SWAP, LOSS, LITTLE, LIARS, & PAINS!! LITTLE WOMEN LA Finale!! Howard Stern’s TALENT!! Richard Linklater On THE DAILY SHOW!! Max Brooks On TAVIS!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 10 total posts 2 posts