Pumpkinhead to be rebooted?!?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I love me some Pumpkinhead... specifically the first movie. Naturally all the sequels do not exist in this dojo, but that first movie is so dark and dirty and grimy and creepy that it presses all the right buttons for me.
As a horror kid Pumpkinhead managed to be one of the handful of scary movies that still felt dangerous. It's a brutal, moody flick that still gets under my skin to this very day (thanks, Stan!).
The idea of rebooting the idea of a fucked up revenge demon isn't a bad one, actually. I think a good filmmaker not worried about going down and dirty and adding in a really messed up revenge story could take full advantage of this wonderfully designed monster.
Tracking-Board.com claims that very thing is happening with producers Motion Picture Corporation of America and Brad Krevoy starting the process of rebooting. The problem is Stan Winston's not around anymore and the MPCA and Krevoy were producers on all the sequels, not the one actual good movie in the franchise.
However, I'm the optimistic type and if they bring on an interesting and hungry young director and either keep Pumpkinhead practical or give the VFX team a real budget then this one stands a chance of actually becoming a success story instead of an eye-rolling cash-in.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Evangeline Lilly Instagrams Her ANT-MAN Look!! -- 192 total posts 192 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 265 total posts 132 posts
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 126 total posts 119 posts
- So, What Is This BATMAN v SUPERMAN Prop Newspaper Showing Us?? [MILD SPOILER] -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 118 total posts 74 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 311 total posts 73 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 417 total posts 66 posts
- Behold The Probably Offensive But Kinda Cool DEAD SNOW 2 Poster!! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- The Actor Who Played YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES To Play And Not Play Sherlock Holmes In A Movie About Old Sherlock Holmes!! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 104 total posts 26 posts