Zac Efron to resurrect John Grisham adaptations with THE ASSOCIATE!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
As Zac Efron continues to try to escape his Disney heartthrob reputation by starring in R-rated films like THAT AWKWARD MOMENT and NEIGHBORS (not to mention getting pissed on by Nicole Kidman), he has apparently agreed to not only star in, but also produce an adaptation of John Grisham’s 2009 novel, THE ASSOCIATE.
Grisham adaptation’s were all the rage in the 90s, with THE FIRM, THE PELICAN BRIEF, THE CLIENT, A TIME TO KILL, THE CHAMBER, and THE RAINMAKER. Things slowed down though and he hasn’t had an adaptation of one of his novels hit the big screen since 2004’s CHRISTMAS WITH THE KRANKS or 2003’s RUNAWAY JURY, if you only want to count his legal dramas.
Here is Amazon’s description of the novel:
Kyle McAvoy possesses an outstanding legal mind. Good-looking and affable, he has a glittering future. He also has a dark secret that could destroy his dreams, his career, even his life. One night that secret catches up with him. The men who accost Kyle have a compromising video they’ll use to ruin him–unless he does exactly what they say. What they offer Kyle is something any ambitious young lawyer would kill for: a job in Manhattan as an associate at the world’s largest law firm. If Kyle accepts, he’ll be on the fast track to partnership and a fortune. But there’s a catch. Kyle won’t be working for the firm but against it in a dispute between two powerful defense contractors worth billions. Now Kyle is caught between the criminal forces manipulating him, the FBI, and his own law firm–in a malignant conspiracy not even Kyle with all his intellect, cunning, and bravery may be able to escape alive.
Yep, it definitely sounds like a John Grisham novel.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 164 total posts 23 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 124 total posts 16 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 341 total posts 14 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 61 total posts 12 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 170 total posts 12 posts
- A New & Full Length Trailer For Disney XD’s STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 63 total posts 11 posts
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 550 total posts 10 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 27 total posts 9 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 73 total posts 7 posts
- AICN Austin's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Screening at Alamo Lakeline is set! Come join the fun! -- 6 total posts 6 posts