Will we be seeing Doombots in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
It's been like 5 minutes since we found out who will be playing Doctor Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR, but a rumor has popped up that claims that there won't be only one version of the Latverian megalomaniac in the film. Nerdist purports that Doombots will appear in the F4 reboot.
For the initiated, Doombots are Doctor Doom's personal army of identical robotic clones. They simultaneously serve as bodyguards, attack dogs, and, most obviously, doppelgangers to throw off his enemies. He controls their behavior (initially, at least), and installs self-destruct mechanisms in each of them in case they go haywire or mutinous. So the answer to the question of "What's a bigger threat to the F4 than Doctor Doom?" turns out to be, "A shit load of Doctor Dooms."
Nerdist claims their sources are reliable, but the thing that convinces me there may be something to this rumor is the parallels it would create with drone technology. It remains a hot button issue, and ROBOCOP recently showed there's a way to synthesize the current fears about drones with mass entertainment, so I could easily see F4 taking a similar route. Let's just hope the social commentary isn't shoved front and center, with Trank & co. getting all preachy on us when we just want to see our beloved characters done justice for the first time on celluloid.
If this turns out to be true, one thing's for sure: this Doom is going to be closer to his comic book origins than any big-screen incarnation we've seen thus far. This ain't no peeved businessman, but a maniacal genius bent on world domination. Fuuuuuck yeah.
FANTASTIC FOUR deals with one Doom, two Doom, red Doom, blue Doom on June 19th, 2015.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 117 total posts 93 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 473 total posts 83 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 175 total posts 71 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 638 total posts 36 posts
- George R.R. Martin Scales Back HBO Activity To Focus On Completing WINDS OF WINTER!! -- 79 total posts 33 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 93 total posts 29 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 163 total posts 18 posts
- Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!! -- 19 total posts 18 posts
- A New Tease For DOCTOR WHO Season / Series 8!! -- 121 total posts 15 posts