High School Drama Abounds in the New PALO ALTO TRAILER!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
A new trailer has been released (via Yahoo) for the new coming of age story and directorial debut of Gia Coppola, PALO ALTO.
The film is based on a series of short stories by James Franco, and tells a web of interconnecting narratives revolving around high school drama, relationships, self-discovery and all that jazz.
Shy, sensitive April (Emma Roberts) is the class virgin -a popular soccer player and frequent babysitter for her single-dad coach, Mr. B. (James Franco). Teddy (Jack Kilmer) is an introspective artist whose best friend and sidekick Fred (Nat Wolff) is an unpredictable live wire with few filters or boundaries. While April negotiates a dangerous affair with Mr. B., and Teddy performs community service for a DUI – secretly carrying a torch for April, who may or may not share his affection – Fred seduces Emily (Zoe Levin), a promiscuous loner who seeks validation through sexual encounters. One high-school party bleeds into another as April and Teddy finally acknowledge their mutual affection, and Fred’s escalating recklessness spirals into chaos.
This formula is not necessarily anything new, and has been successful in the past, though not necessarily a guarantee. It's hard to tell from the trailer whether or not there is anything in this story to make it stand out from the crowd.
PALO ALTO opens on May 9th. What do you guys think?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 109 total posts 25 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 55 total posts 13 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 185 total posts 10 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 18 total posts 8 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 68 total posts 7 posts