Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD Coming This Summer!
Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD is a masterpiece. I'm certain it'll be in my top ten this year. If it isn't, then 2014 will make 1939 look like an average year for movies. Not only is it Linklater's best movie, it may be the best movie ever made about growing up in Texas. There were so many variables involved, so many pieces that had to fall into place, for this to work. But not only does it work, it succeeds in changing the way we look at movies. Linklater has captured actual, ephemeral LIFE onscreen, and I can't wait to see it again.
You all will get the opportunity to as well, when IFC releases BOYHOOD theatrically on July 11th (the same day as DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES, if you're keeping count of that sort of thing). It's a pretty gutsy move to release this during the summer where it could get lost amidst all the studio cacophony, but I'm confident that this will resonate with audiences well into awards season. I'm telling you - don't miss this one.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 209 total posts 209 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 178 total posts 178 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 198 total posts 114 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 95 total posts 95 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 109 total posts 67 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 345 total posts 50 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 211 total posts 47 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 56 total posts 44 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 100 total posts 39 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 83 total posts 34 posts