Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an early screening of JOE, with director David Gordon Green and actor Tye Sheridan Q&A!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
In my estimation, filmmaker David Gordon Green is a national treasure. He's also a movie maker who refuses to be pinned down in terms of the types of films he directs or any concepts of high or low art in cinema. He can begin his feature career with works as delicate and lovely as GEORGE WASHINGTON, ALL THE REAL GIRLS, UNDERTOW and SNOW ANGELS, and then turn on a dime and make (with his frequent co-hort and producing partner Danny McBride) such magical stoner-friendly works as PINEAPPLE EXPRESS and YOUR HIGHNESS (not to mention about half the episodes of McBride's wonderful HBO series "Eastbound and Down.")
His most recent efforts will eventually form something of a loose trilogy about men struggling to survive in Texas. The first of these films as last year's PRINCE AVALANCHE, which humorously tackled issues about loneliness and being alone (not the same things); and the film he just shot, MANGLEHORN, starring Al Pacino and Holly Hunter concerns a recently released ex-con trying to make a go of it in the real world. But today, I'm here to talk about JOE, starring Nicolas Cage as a good man with a nasty temper, who attempts to mentor and protect a 15-year-old boy (Tye Sheridan) from all that is out to damage youngsters in this small community.
Sheridan has had a remarkable couple of years, with his first two film roles being opposite Brad Pitt in Terrence Malick's THE TREE OF LIFE and Matthew McConaughey in Jeff Nichols' MUD. He's in such high demand, he's already got about four films in the can with a couple more booked to start shooting soon. Have I got your excited to see JOE yet? You should be. It's a remarkable achievement that features what is arguably Cage's finest work to date (or at least it's in the top three), and I've got a bunch of seats for an early Chicago screening of JOE that will include a post-screening Q&A with director David Gordon Green and actor Tye Sheridan.
This advance screening of JOE (based on the novel by Larry Brown) will take place this coming Wednesday, April 2 at 7:00pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to those who win). We've got 100 seats for Ain't It Cool News readers. Here's how to win…
Send me an email at JoeChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Bearded Cage" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you're bringing any Guests (winners can bring one guest, whose name is not required), and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite Nicolas Cage film, and why?" The most interesting answers and supporting arguments (as judged by me) will win. Winners will hear from me soon.
Although this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool screening, winners' seats will be reserved until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45pm). Ain't It Cool winners will have reserved seats until 6:45pm, at which time any unclaimed seats will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter.
I want you to read the previous paragraph and this paragraph very carefully. We've had way too many last-minute cancellations at recent screenings, so the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply for this screening. If you enter this contest, win, and cancel or don't show up for ANY REASON, the black list will become your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Lionsgate for giving us this great screening and bringing our guest to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 326 total posts 97 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 259 total posts 73 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 318 total posts 71 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 106 total posts 53 posts
- New Clips From STAR WARS REBELS Bring Lightsabers And Stormtroopers!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 291 total posts 16 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 248 total posts 15 posts
- A First And Promising Trailer For NIGHTFALL, The Ridley Scott Produced HALOverse Digital Series!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts