Live in Chicago? Capone has a limited number of reserved seats for an early screening of CUBAN FURY, with star Nick Frost Q&A!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
It seems like forever since the very funny Nick Frost graced the shores of Chicago along with his THE WORLD'S END partners in crime Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright…well, actually it was back in August, but it feels like forever. Either way, we've missed him terribly, and thanks to his great new film CUBAN FURY, he's coming back to the Windy City to do another Q&A and perhaps show us a few of his newly learned dance steps.
CUBAN FURY (opening April 11) is about a former salsa prodigy (Frost) who attempts a comeback years after his career was ruined when he was barely a teenager. The film also stars Chris O'Dowd, Rashida Jones, Ian McShane, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Olivia Colman, and is directed by the great television director James Griffiths ("Episodes," "Up All Night"), making his feature-film debut here.
If you live in the Chicago area, you can this advance screening with a post-screening Q&A with the film's star Nick Frost on Monday, March 31 at 7:30 pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners). Here's how to win seats…
To win, send me an email at CubanFuryChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Love & Salsa" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite 'modern' dance movie (and by "modern," I mean made after 1980), and why?" I need a film title and a detailed reason for your choice. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 100 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best answers (as judged by me) win, and you'll hear from me soon if you won, so check your email!
Although this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event winners seats will be reserved until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 7:15 pm). The venue is deliberately overbooked to guarantee a full house for our guest. If you can't arrive by 7:15 pm, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the Entertainment One for giving us this very cool screening and bringing Nick Frost back to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 351 total posts 351 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 588 total posts 268 posts
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 614 total posts 164 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 144 total posts 144 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 778 total posts 113 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 93 total posts 93 posts
- A New Tease For DOCTOR WHO Season / Series 8!! -- 85 total posts 85 posts
- A Nifty Video Tour Of The Warner Bros Museum Commemorates BATMAN’s 75th Anniversary!! -- 71 total posts 71 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 58 total posts 58 posts
- The Girls Come Out To Play In Red-Band Comic Con Trailer For SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! -- 53 total posts 53 posts