Paul Walker, The RZA, and David Belle jump, kick, and shoot their way through this second BRICK MANSIONS trailer!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
This second trailer for Camille Dellamarre's DISTRICT B13 remake, BRICK MANSIONS, distinguishes it from the first trailer by focusing squarely on Paul Walker's character and following the recent trailer trend of putting a really cool cover of a famous song behind the action (in this case, "Stand By Me"). There's a ton of action and stuntwork on display here, some of it directly lifted from Pierre Morel's original (also written by Luc Besson), some of it totally unique to this adaptation.
While I get why putting Walker's face front-and-center was a tempting marketing tactic, he's not only less-trained in the actual art of free-running than his co-star, but he's also playing the less-interesting character from the original film (there's a reason they kept David Belle onboard and not Cyril Raffaelli). Thankfully, it doesn't come off as cashing in on his untimely demise; he's the biggest name in the film, with a billion-dollar franchise under his belt, and I reckon they would've focused squarely on him anyway. Plus, he looks like he made an admirable effort in holding his own against the physical dynamo that is his co-lead.
As in the first film, the biggest impact of this trailer comes from Belle's gravity-defying parkour stunts. I could watch that dude jump and run his way past bad guys all day.
I was very skeptical about a U.S. remake of DISTRICT B13 (which more American audiences have to check out regardless of how this turns out), but the energy and daunting stunts have convinced me to check it out when it pops up in theaters next month. So I guess you can count this trailer as a success, 'cause it got my jaded ass interested.
What about you guys? Should they have just let this be, or does this actually look like a kick-ass good time at the movies?
BRICK MANSIONS free-runs across the nation on April 25th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 207 total posts 66 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 65 total posts 65 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 374 total posts 47 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 88 total posts 39 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 139 total posts 31 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 186 total posts 28 posts
- Learn Which Movie Star Just Signed On To HBO’s Jonathan Nolan/Bad Robot Pilot WESTWORLD!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 41 total posts 23 posts
- A New & Full Length Trailer For Disney XD’s STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 71 total posts 19 posts
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 558 total posts 18 posts