STAR WARS: EPISODE VII to take place 30 years after the death of Darth Vader!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
J.J. Abrams may be keeping his cards as close to his chest as humanly possible, but that didn't stop Disney chairman Bob Iger from letting some basic details slip to investors. At the company's annual shareholder meeting, Iger revealed some basic info about a few of their projects, including EPISODE VII. Aside from mentioning that it "really looks amazing," he officially revealed that the film will take place 30 years after RETURN OF THE JEDI (which puts it at approximately 34 ABY in the SW timeline). He also mentioned we'll be seeing some "familiar faces," all but confirming that the vets of this franchise, including Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Calrissian, and a certain former carpenter, will be making their triumphant returns in the new installment.
Given that it will have been about 32 1/2 years after the release of JEDI when EPISODE VII finally comes out, it's not any massive revelation that the SW timeline will just about follow suit accordingly. Plus, any sequel of any sort pretty much assumes you'll be seeing at least some "familiar faces." Still, it's safe to assume that Iger, while not "really in the process," has total access to any and all SW info he wants, so these tidbits feel like more than uninformed misinformation for the public (like, say, J.J. ASSURING us that Khan wasn't the INTO DARKNESS villain).
Filming's getting going in just under two months, so this is the home stretch, folks. This is the last time when absolutely anything and everything can happen in EPISODE VII. Very soon, stuff's getting nailed down, and our own ideas of what EP VII should be will dissipate like Tatooine sand running through your fingers. Cynics, aside, a lot of us out there are excited at the prospect of new STAR WARS, and can't wait to see what J.J. & his people are cobbling together over there in Pinewood.
STAR WARS: EPISODE VII will be quite operational on December 18th, 2015.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 455 total posts 298 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 231 total posts 190 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 181 total posts 95 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- The Fellows Behind The Big-Screen JUMP STREET (And THE LEGO MOVIE And CLONE HIGH) Plan To Reboot Another Steven J. Cannell Series: THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!! -- 62 total posts 25 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 306 total posts 24 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 292 total posts 22 posts
- Capone says AS ABOVE/SO BELOW uses a chilling location to terrifying effect!!! -- 47 total posts 21 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 194 total posts 8 posts