STAR WARS: EPISODE VII to take place 30 years after the death of Darth Vader!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
J.J. Abrams may be keeping his cards as close to his chest as humanly possible, but that didn't stop Disney chairman Bob Iger from letting some basic details slip to investors. At the company's annual shareholder meeting, Iger revealed some basic info about a few of their projects, including EPISODE VII. Aside from mentioning that it "really looks amazing," he officially revealed that the film will take place 30 years after RETURN OF THE JEDI (which puts it at approximately 34 ABY in the SW timeline). He also mentioned we'll be seeing some "familiar faces," all but confirming that the vets of this franchise, including Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Calrissian, and a certain former carpenter, will be making their triumphant returns in the new installment.
Given that it will have been about 32 1/2 years after the release of JEDI when EPISODE VII finally comes out, it's not any massive revelation that the SW timeline will just about follow suit accordingly. Plus, any sequel of any sort pretty much assumes you'll be seeing at least some "familiar faces." Still, it's safe to assume that Iger, while not "really in the process," has total access to any and all SW info he wants, so these tidbits feel like more than uninformed misinformation for the public (like, say, J.J. ASSURING us that Khan wasn't the INTO DARKNESS villain).
Filming's getting going in just under two months, so this is the home stretch, folks. This is the last time when absolutely anything and everything can happen in EPISODE VII. Very soon, stuff's getting nailed down, and our own ideas of what EP VII should be will dissipate like Tatooine sand running through your fingers. Cynics, aside, a lot of us out there are excited at the prospect of new STAR WARS, and can't wait to see what J.J. & his people are cobbling together over there in Pinewood.
STAR WARS: EPISODE VII will be quite operational on December 18th, 2015.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 191 total posts 91 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 184 total posts 47 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 122 total posts 31 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 84 total posts 28 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 23 total posts 23 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 432 total posts 21 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 206 total posts 11 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 37 total posts 9 posts
- The Premiere Of TIM & ERIC’s BEDTIME STORIES!! New GARFUNKEL, HAVEN & LOSER!! HONORABLE, RUSH, WORST, NAKED, MARRIED & SATISFACTION Finales!! The Return Of BREAKING AMISH!! Terry Gilliam On COLBERT!! Carmen Lynch On CRAIG!! Julianna & Viggo On SETH!! Ali Wong @MIDNIGHT!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 11 total posts 8 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 166 total posts 7 posts