Learn When FX’s LOUIE Returns!! (Hint: Soon!!)
After a 19-month hiatus, “Louie” returns to FX Monday, May 5.
For immediate release
14-Episode Fourth Season of FX’s Emmy® Award Winning Comedy Series Louie Premieres on Monday, May 5
FX Will Air Two All-New Episodes for Seven Consecutive Weeks Mondays at 10 and 10:30 PM ET/PT Through June 16
LOS ANGELES, March 13, 2014 – Louie’s back!!! After a 19-month hiatus, television’s most-critically acclaimed comedy series Louie will make its season four debut on Monday, May 5 at 10:00 PM E/P, and FX will air two all new episodes of the Emmy Award winning show back-to-back every Monday at 10:00 and 10:30 PM E/P for seven consecutive weeks through June 16, announced John Landgraf, CEO, FX Networks and FX Productions.
FX ordered 13 episodes for the series fourth season, but Creator/Executive Producer/Writer/Star/Director/Editor Louis C.K. delivered a bonus 14th episode.
“Louis said he needed extra time between seasons three and four of his show because – even though Louie was the most critically acclaimed television comedy series in America – he needed to make it even better,” said Landgraf. “Based on the first three episodes we’ve seen, remarkably, he accomplished his goal.”
In 2012, Louie made history by becoming the first comedy series on a basic cable network to receive an Emmy Award nomination in the category of Outstanding Comedy Series. The show has won two Emmy Awards – Louis C.K. for Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series (2012), and Melissa Leo for Outstanding Guest Actress in Comedy Series (2013) The series has also won AFI (2012 and 2013) and Peabody (2013), and Television Critics Association (2013) awards. It was nominated for a WGA Award in 2012 and it won the WGA Award in 2013 (Louis C.K., Pamela Adlon and Vernon Chatman). It was also nominated for a PGA Award in 2013.
For his work on Louie, Louis C.K. has received Emmy Award nominations for writing (he won in 2011) and acting in each of the show’s first three seasons, and twice for directing. C.K. received Golden Globe® and SAG award nominations for Best Actor in a Comedy Series, and DGA award nomination for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Comedy Series. He became the first and only actor from a basic cable series to with the Television Critics Association Award for Individual Achievement in Comedy.
Louie is a comedy filtered through the observational humor of Louis C.K. Each episode puts a spotlight on Louis’ hectic life as a successful stand-up comedian and newly single father raising his two daughters. The single-camera comedy is a mix of Louis C.K.’s stand-up comedy and scripted stories. Louis C.K., M. Blair Breard and Dave Becky are Executive Producers. The series is produced by FX Productions.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 187 total posts 46 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 183 total posts 25 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 133 total posts 25 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 72 total posts 23 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 36 total posts 18 posts
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 555 total posts 15 posts
- A New & Full Length Trailer For Disney XD’s STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 67 total posts 15 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 342 total posts 15 posts
- Learn Which Movie Star Just Signed On To HBO’s Jonathan Nolan/Bad Robot Pilot WESTWORLD!! -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 3 is actually a prequel, plus details on how you could win a trip to visit the set!! -- 24 total posts 10 posts