Learn When FX’s LOUIE Returns!! (Hint: Soon!!)
After a 19-month hiatus, “Louie” returns to FX Monday, May 5.
For immediate release
14-Episode Fourth Season of FX’s Emmy® Award Winning Comedy Series Louie Premieres on Monday, May 5
FX Will Air Two All-New Episodes for Seven Consecutive Weeks Mondays at 10 and 10:30 PM ET/PT Through June 16
LOS ANGELES, March 13, 2014 – Louie’s back!!! After a 19-month hiatus, television’s most-critically acclaimed comedy series Louie will make its season four debut on Monday, May 5 at 10:00 PM E/P, and FX will air two all new episodes of the Emmy Award winning show back-to-back every Monday at 10:00 and 10:30 PM E/P for seven consecutive weeks through June 16, announced John Landgraf, CEO, FX Networks and FX Productions.
FX ordered 13 episodes for the series fourth season, but Creator/Executive Producer/Writer/Star/Director/Editor Louis C.K. delivered a bonus 14th episode.
“Louis said he needed extra time between seasons three and four of his show because – even though Louie was the most critically acclaimed television comedy series in America – he needed to make it even better,” said Landgraf. “Based on the first three episodes we’ve seen, remarkably, he accomplished his goal.”
In 2012, Louie made history by becoming the first comedy series on a basic cable network to receive an Emmy Award nomination in the category of Outstanding Comedy Series. The show has won two Emmy Awards – Louis C.K. for Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series (2012), and Melissa Leo for Outstanding Guest Actress in Comedy Series (2013) The series has also won AFI (2012 and 2013) and Peabody (2013), and Television Critics Association (2013) awards. It was nominated for a WGA Award in 2012 and it won the WGA Award in 2013 (Louis C.K., Pamela Adlon and Vernon Chatman). It was also nominated for a PGA Award in 2013.
For his work on Louie, Louis C.K. has received Emmy Award nominations for writing (he won in 2011) and acting in each of the show’s first three seasons, and twice for directing. C.K. received Golden Globe® and SAG award nominations for Best Actor in a Comedy Series, and DGA award nomination for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Comedy Series. He became the first and only actor from a basic cable series to with the Television Critics Association Award for Individual Achievement in Comedy.
Louie is a comedy filtered through the observational humor of Louis C.K. Each episode puts a spotlight on Louis’ hectic life as a successful stand-up comedian and newly single father raising his two daughters. The single-camera comedy is a mix of Louis C.K.’s stand-up comedy and scripted stories. Louis C.K., M. Blair Breard and Dave Becky are Executive Producers. The series is produced by FX Productions.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 157 total posts 30 posts
- International Trailer and Clip for Australian Horror Film THE BABADOOK! -- 28 total posts 16 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 224 total posts 13 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 716 total posts 11 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 118 total posts 10 posts
- Red Band Trailer for THE DEAD 2: INDIA! -- 22 total posts 9 posts
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 234 total posts 9 posts
- "Welcome to the Glade." New trailer for THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 25 total posts 6 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 528 total posts 6 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 267 total posts 4 posts