Atom Egoyan's West Memphis Three Drama DEVIL'S KNOT Gets A Suitably Dramatic Trailer!
Boy, do I hate the tagline on that poster. It's cheap, exploitative and heavy-handed in ways that Atom Egoyan's films have never been.
The latest from the director of EXOTICA and THE SWEET HEREAFTER (two of the best films of the 1990s) received mixed reviews at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival, but Egoyan has more than earned the benefit of the doubt. Though the real-life tragedy of the West Memphis child murders (which led to the conviction of the now-free West Memphis Three) has been exhaustively covered via four documentaries, Egoyan is a master of burrowing into a traumatized community and capturing the volatile mixture of sorrow and anger. The subject matter does have faint echoes of EXOTICA and THE SWEET HEREAFTER. I'd love to see Egoyan return to form. I guess we'll find out May 9th. Until then, a trailer!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 245 total posts 245 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 218 total posts 218 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 177 total posts 176 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 203 total posts 119 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 75 total posts 75 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 114 total posts 71 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 351 total posts 56 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 220 total posts 56 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 62 total posts 50 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 105 total posts 44 posts