"I have seen the devil...he is me." Second trailer for OCULUS is unsettling and hypnotic!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
The first trailer for Mike Flanagan's OCULUS was a creepy, moody piece of marketing that revealed next to nothing about the plot of the film. This one digs into the circumstances surrounding the Russell family, and the maybe-supernatural-maybe-not occurrences that lead Tim and Kaylie to investigate their childhood home. Basically, it looks like there's an evil fuckin' mirror (to paraphrase Samuel L. in 1408) that has a penchant for possessing humans and getting them to do messed-up stuff like murder and unknowingly biting into lightbulbs.
I dig the mood and imagery of this trailer quite a bit, and I like that the narrative is ambitious enough to jump back and forth from the Russell siblings' childhood and their adult return to their old house. Rory Cochrane, Katee Sackhoff, and Karen Gillan make for a strong, geek-friendly horror movie cast; I can't remember Cochrane ever being this sinister, but it's grooving with me just fine.
What do you guys think? Cheap-o horror, or possibly quite engaging?
OCULUS will make one of your parents kill the other on April 11th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 187 total posts 46 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 133 total posts 25 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 36 total posts 18 posts
- A New & Full Length Trailer For Disney XD’s STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 67 total posts 15 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 342 total posts 15 posts