Marky Mark wants you to feel the vibration of his BFG in this poster for TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
We got our first look at TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION back on Super Bowl Sunday, and now, we have a teaser poster highlighting the new lead of the franchise, Marky Mark (otherwise known as Oscar-nominee Mark Wahlberg). I can't tell what's in the background of the shot (an alien ship? A particularly huge Autobot/Decepticon/Dinobot?), but what I can tell is that thunderbuddy up there is packing some serious heat, presumably extraterrestrial in nature (although it seems snugly nestled in Mark's shoulder for something built for gargantuan robots, so I'll leave the assumptions for you and umption).
Obviously, we know Wahlberg more than Jack Reynor or Nicola Pelts, the two other leads of this pseudo-reboot, so expect to see his face front and center of this marketing campaign right alongside Optimus & Co. People are going to be confused that Shia doesn't seem to be anywhere near this fourth installment, so the marketing needs to convey the "New Jack TRANSFORMERS" thing that Bay and his people are going for this time.
Having said that, if there had to be a one-sheet highlighting Wahlberg's famous face and bulky shoulders, I'm glad some cool, previously-unseen alien tech snuck in there as well.
A full-length teaser trailer should be arriving tomorrow, so word to all sentient beings to keep an eye out for that.
TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION rolls on June 27th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- International BIRDMAN Trailer Is Here!!! -- 135 total posts 6 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 274 total posts 2 posts
- Is a New TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE Film in the Works? -- 65 total posts 2 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint runs down the AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON footage!!! -- 196 total posts 1 post
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 66 total posts 1 post