Marky Mark wants you to feel the vibration of his BFG in this poster for TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
We got our first look at TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION back on Super Bowl Sunday, and now, we have a teaser poster highlighting the new lead of the franchise, Marky Mark (otherwise known as Oscar-nominee Mark Wahlberg). I can't tell what's in the background of the shot (an alien ship? A particularly huge Autobot/Decepticon/Dinobot?), but what I can tell is that thunderbuddy up there is packing some serious heat, presumably extraterrestrial in nature (although it seems snugly nestled in Mark's shoulder for something built for gargantuan robots, so I'll leave the assumptions for you and umption).
Obviously, we know Wahlberg more than Jack Reynor or Nicola Pelts, the two other leads of this pseudo-reboot, so expect to see his face front and center of this marketing campaign right alongside Optimus & Co. People are going to be confused that Shia doesn't seem to be anywhere near this fourth installment, so the marketing needs to convey the "New Jack TRANSFORMERS" thing that Bay and his people are going for this time.
Having said that, if there had to be a one-sheet highlighting Wahlberg's famous face and bulky shoulders, I'm glad some cool, previously-unseen alien tech snuck in there as well.
A full-length teaser trailer should be arriving tomorrow, so word to all sentient beings to keep an eye out for that.
TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION rolls on June 27th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 41 total posts 34 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 383 total posts 32 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 164 total posts 31 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 262 total posts 24 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 52 total posts 8 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 84 total posts 6 posts
- T-MINUS 3 DAYS(ish) And It’s A Wednesday MiniDocback!! New ‘DOCTOR WHO EXTRA’ BTS Show Announced, Germany To Initially Transmit ‘Deep Breath’ Undubbed, And HornOrSilk Reviews ‘The Abandoned’ Big Finish Audio!! -- 30 total posts 5 posts
- AMC Renews HALT AND CATCH FIRE For Season Two!! -- 24 total posts 5 posts
- FX Renews THE STRAIN For Season Two!! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
1918-2014 -- 40 total posts 2 posts