‘Better Get Those Jumper Cables Ready!!’ Herc Loves Tonight’s Almost-Last TRUE DETECTIVE!!
True Detective 1.7 FAQ
What’s it called?
“After You’ve Gone.”
Teleplay is credited to Nic Pizzolatto, the “Killing” vet who scripted all eight episodes of “True Detective.”
What says HBO?
“Hart (Woody Harrelson) and Cohle (Matthew McConaughey) forge a truce to probe a murky string of disappearances that tie to the symbology of the Dora Lange murder and the Tuttle family.”
Is tonight’s entire episode set in 2012?
Pretty much. There are smallish flashbacks to 2006 and 2010 though.
Is Maggie (or anybody) still talking to the 2012 cops?
No. Nobody’s talking to Papania and Gilbough this week except a man on a riding mower.
Does Cohle bone Hart’s wife again this week?
That would be telling.
Are things better between Hart and his teen daughters?
He seems pretty oblivious to their many adult activities (none of which, apparently, touch upon the sex trade).
Do we learn how 2012 Marty Hart makes a living?
We do. We learn he quit the state police in 2006 but carries a .38 and still has “friends on the force.”
How does it start?
2012 Cohle and 2012 Hart enjoy beer together.
The big news?
The next thing Cohle and Hart do is visit Cohle’s storage unit.
What else is HBO not telling us?
Marty Hart goes fishing and catches a whopper.
McConaughey. Harrelson. Hart’s sigh when Cohle produces the VHS. The microwave. “I don’t think I’ve been very clear with you, Rust.” “No, I don’t think it was a dream.” “I took some convincing.” “What I’m saying is I was aware I might have lost my mind.” “Nobody should have this.” “What do you think, Rust?” “Death is not the end.” “That should worry you, mister.”
What’s not so great?
After tonight, only one episode left!
How does it end, spoiler boy?
“My family’s been here a long, long time.”
9 p.m. Sunday. HBO.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 229 total posts 128 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 232 total posts 95 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 141 total posts 50 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 50 total posts 50 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 99 total posts 43 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! -- 37 total posts 37 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 446 total posts 35 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 62 total posts 34 posts
- The Premiere Of TIM & ERIC’s BEDTIME STORIES!! New GARFUNKEL, HAVEN & LOSER!! HONORABLE, RUSH, WORST, NAKED, MARRIED & SATISFACTION Finales!! The Return Of BREAKING AMISH!! Terry Gilliam On COLBERT!! Carmen Lynch On CRAIG!! Julianna & Viggo On SETH!! Ali Wong @MIDNIGHT!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 23 total posts 20 posts