‘Better Get Those Jumper Cables Ready!!’ Herc Loves Tonight’s Almost-Last TRUE DETECTIVE!!
True Detective 1.7 FAQ
What’s it called?
“After You’ve Gone.”
Teleplay is credited to Nic Pizzolatto, the “Killing” vet who scripted all eight episodes of “True Detective.”
What says HBO?
“Hart (Woody Harrelson) and Cohle (Matthew McConaughey) forge a truce to probe a murky string of disappearances that tie to the symbology of the Dora Lange murder and the Tuttle family.”
Is tonight’s entire episode set in 2012?
Pretty much. There are smallish flashbacks to 2006 and 2010 though.
Is Maggie (or anybody) still talking to the 2012 cops?
No. Nobody’s talking to Papania and Gilbough this week except a man on a riding mower.
Does Cohle bone Hart’s wife again this week?
That would be telling.
Are things better between Hart and his teen daughters?
He seems pretty oblivious to their many adult activities (none of which, apparently, touch upon the sex trade).
Do we learn how 2012 Marty Hart makes a living?
We do. We learn he quit the state police in 2006 but carries a .38 and still has “friends on the force.”
How does it start?
2012 Cohle and 2012 Hart enjoy beer together.
The big news?
The next thing Cohle and Hart do is visit Cohle’s storage unit.
What else is HBO not telling us?
Marty Hart goes fishing and catches a whopper.
McConaughey. Harrelson. Hart’s sigh when Cohle produces the VHS. The microwave. “I don’t think I’ve been very clear with you, Rust.” “No, I don’t think it was a dream.” “I took some convincing.” “What I’m saying is I was aware I might have lost my mind.” “Nobody should have this.” “What do you think, Rust?” “Death is not the end.” “That should worry you, mister.”
What’s not so great?
After tonight, only one episode left!
How does it end, spoiler boy?
“My family’s been here a long, long time.”
9 p.m. Sunday. HBO.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 209 total posts 209 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 178 total posts 178 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 198 total posts 114 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 95 total posts 95 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 109 total posts 67 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 345 total posts 50 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 211 total posts 47 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 56 total posts 44 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 100 total posts 39 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 83 total posts 34 posts