‘There Will Be A Reckoning!!’ Hercules Eats Up Tonight’s Return Of HANNIBAL!!
Hannibal 2.1 FAQ
What’s it called?
Teleplay is credited to series mastermind Bryan Fuller and Steven Lightfoot (“Trou Normand,” “Roti,” “Savoureux”).
What says NBC?
“Will (Hugh Dancy) is determined to fight for his innocence as Hannibal (Mads Mikkelsen) and Jack (Laurence Fishburne) try to wrap their heads around the fact he's behind bars. Meanwhile, Alana (Caroline Dhavernas) faces a strained relationship with Will while Kade Purnell (Cynthia Nixon) with the FBI pays him a visit.”
Is Mason Verger in the opener?
No. But Lecter’s nemesis from the “Hannibal” movie will be along this season.
Is Will Graham released from the asylum this week?
He is not.
Tell us about Cynthia Nixon’s FBI girl!
She’s investigating all the unpleasantness that resulted in Will’s incarceration.
How does it start?
With an exciting flash-forward. Dr. Lecter carves raw meat with a knife that catches the reflection of Jack Crawford. Then: “12 weeks earlier.”
What’s doing with the title character?
“You’re the new Will Graham,” Beverly Katz tells Dr. Lecter. Indeed, it’s Lecter to whom Crawford looks for psychological profiling now that Will is unavailable.
The big news?
Will’s incarceration does not prevent the FBI from consulting Will on new cases -- any more than it will prevent the FBI from consulting an incarcerated Lecter.
What else is NBC not telling us?
Despite having his organs so recently removed by Abel Gideon, asylum administrator Frederick Chilton is back on the job and behaving like his old self.
And what of Gideon’s surgical assistant Freddie Lounds?
Wholly absent. Perhaps she’s one to new tattlecrimes?
“I never feel guilty about eating anything.” “He was a flounder.” “These are his discards.” “Frederick, you have tested me.” Winston. Alana’s kiss. The dunking tanks. The antlerman. The lightsaber metronome.
What’s not so good?
No Freddy Lounds.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
Not with any of the regulars, but with another of the series’ haunting visuals.
10 p.m. Friday. NBC.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 98 total posts 14 posts
- Trailer for OUT OF PRINT, a documentary about the New Beverly Theater and the importance of preserving 35mm exhibition! -- 31 total posts 5 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 143 total posts 5 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 168 total posts 4 posts
- Latino Review’s El Mayimbe aka Umberto Gonzalez is set to direct the digital actioner, BREAKNECK! -- 12 total posts 4 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 45 total posts 3 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 297 total posts 2 posts
- A New & Full Length Trailer For Disney XD’s STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 83 total posts 2 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 12 total posts 2 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 176 total posts 1 post