The question of who Joseph Gordon-Levitt's SIN CITY character is answered in these DAME TO KILL FOR pics!! Also featuring looks at Nancy and Marv!!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
We've seen one-sheets, some featuring glamor shots of the cast, but now, courtesy of Entertainment Weekly (via The Wrap), we have our first look at official stills from the newly-retitled FRANK MILLER'S SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR. Witness the return of the gorgeous dancer Nancy Callahan (who, according to Miller, is "sick of being treated - as she puts it - 'as a piece of ass.'") and her pal with Rasputin levels of invulnerability, Marv.
Most interestingly, we get our look at the brand-new character Joseph Gordon-Levitt is playing, the "hard-gambling" Johnny . According to Miller, Levitt's beat-up face is a result of "beat(ing) the wrong guy in poker," providing our first hint at what the brand new story he and Rodriguez have cooked up will actually entail.
Seeing Nancy once again dancing atop what is presumably the bar at Kadie's is more than enough to get me excited (no, not in that way) for this sequel, but seeing Mickey Rourke's Marv back in action (not to mention Gordon-Levitt's reveal) have pumped my anticipation level into overdrive. The DAME TO KILL FOR story was begging to be rendered into this cinematic universe, and the idea of brand-new Frank Miller SIN CITY stories frankly makes me a little giddy. I'm so glad this is finally done and getting prepped for release. It feels like it's been a decade (wait, it pretty much has? shit…).
So is it fucking awesome to see Rourke, Alba, and Gordon-Levitt in these stills, or is it just me?
FRANK MILLER'S SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR will prove to your friends that it's worth a damn on August 22nd.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 185 total posts 54 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 69 total posts 34 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 92 total posts 20 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 76 total posts 17 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 87 total posts 11 posts
- International OCULUS Poster Has Arrived! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 76 total posts 10 posts
- A New And Nice Clip From Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH!! + Emma Watson Introduces A New Trailer!! -- 131 total posts 9 posts
- Aliens look to Steve Martin to find them a new home planet in this extended teaser for HOME, entitled ALMOST HOME! -- 20 total posts 8 posts