‘If Abed Sees A Hamburger We’ll All Travel In Time!’ Hercules Quite Enjoys Tonight’s Return Of COMMUNITY!!
Community 5.8 FAQ
What’s it called?
“Bondage and Beta Male Sexuality”
What says NBC?
“Professor Duncan decides it's time to seduce Britta and Jeff counsels him on how to close the deal. Meanwhile, Britta runs into some old friends and realizes that they have moved on from their shared anarchist views of the past. Abed runs afoul of Professor Hickey when he accidentally damages some drawings Hickey has been laboring over. When Hickey restrains Abed as punishment, the two wind up spending some meaningful time together. Meanwhile, Chang finds himself performing an impromptu one-man show for a ghostly audience.”
Is Chang the usual waste of the audience’s time this week?
Chang’s plotline has a funny idea about ghosts in denial. But I believe it would have been funnier in the hands of Alison Brie.
Do Hickey’s drawings depict the taking down of “perps”?
Abed accuses Hickey of doodling chickens. But it turns out they are not chickens!
Who is Professor Duncan again?
John Oliver’s character. He was a big part of the “Community” pilot (I’m guessing intended as a regular) but has only manifested a recurring presence, despite apparently being a member of the Greendale faculty and close friends with Winger.
Britta is hot for John Oliver?
In the very first scene, Jeff asks Duncan if he likes Britta because Britta does not like Duncan.
Do Art and Raylan finally discuss why Art punched him in that bar?
How does it start?
“Jeff,” begins Duncan, “we’ve known each other a long time, right?”
The big news?
Jeff comes to a realization about Britta.
What else is NBC not telling us?
Dane Cook will not find this episode as funny as you will.
It’s worth tuning in just for the episode-ending “Shining” joke. Also, Jonathan Banks. The thoroughness with which Abed destroys Hickey’s drawings. “Get ready to stop.” “What part would you have me be disinterested in?” “I was vulnerable enough to do something really stupid.”
What’s not so good?
Not enough Alison Brie.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
Oddly. With Duncan and Pelton and a “discussion” of a Tex-Mex outing.
8 p.m. Thursday. NBC.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 356 total posts 329 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 134 total posts 134 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 215 total posts 86 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 78 total posts 78 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 301 total posts 48 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 38 total posts 38 posts
- TERMINATOR: GENESIS to be a sequel, reboot, and prequel all at the same time!?! -- 490 total posts 36 posts
- Nordling's Day One Of SXSW 2014 - THE DESERT And PREMATURE! -- 27 total posts 20 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 45 total posts 17 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 68 total posts 14 posts