Rumors swirl about two new Harrison Ford-led Indiana Jones films.
Let's get the Star Wars stuff out of the way. They're saying Gary Oldman and Benedict Cumberbatch are either both in the movie or vying for the same part. For what it's worth, I got a denial from pretty far up the Bad Robot foodchain regarding Cumberbatch back before that rumor initially broke (many months ago). MarketSaw had the best sources around the time of Avatar, so I wouldn't write them off completely, but at the same time I'm going to need to see their big Star Wars source get something right before I take their word sight unseen. This same source gave a potential director list that didn't include JJ Abrams, so I'll take a wait and see approach on this.
What's far more likely, I believe, is the rumor that there's not just one, but two Indiana Jones movies being developed. I don't know if it's been officially confirmed that Harrison Ford made the new Indiana Jones films part of his agreement to return as Han Solo, but I've heard it enough from a myriad of sources that I believe it's true. Plus, we all know that Dr. Jones is close to Ford's heart.
If this is true then it paints a bigger picture for the near future and one that I particularly am excited about. Crystal Skull was a misfire, but it sounds like Ford wants to round out this second Trilogy, which I can see ending with Indy finally hanging up the whip or passing it along to someone else.
Ford's ability to pull off the action scenes wasn't the problem with Crystal Skull and I could easily watch two more adventures of an older Dr. Jones out-smarting the bad guys and gathering up amazing relics. You?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 316 total posts 87 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 83 total posts 83 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 80 total posts 80 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 255 total posts 69 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 311 total posts 64 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 103 total posts 50 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 247 total posts 14 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 288 total posts 13 posts
- AICN Austin's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Screening at Alamo Lakeline is set! Come join the fun! -- 67 total posts 10 posts
- Check Out this New Poster for HORNS! -- 36 total posts 9 posts