Get A Load Of The Poster And Trailer For THE FINAL MEMBER!
I saw THE FINAL MEMBER at Fantastic Fest 2012, and I think what I appreciated most about the documentary, set in the world's only penis museum, was just how emotional and poignant the film got. Yes, it's full of strange characters and situations, and it's also funny as hell, but this is serious business for the people involved. The curator of the museum, Sigurdur Hjartarson, knows how strange it all is, but even though he has an odd way of showing it, he is a man of science first and foremost. Pall Arason lived the kind of life that one would normally find in adventure movies, but he also comes from a place of exploration and knowledge.
And then there is the American, Tom, who may be one of the weirdest people I've ever seen in a documentary. Errol Morris would have had a field day with this guy. You seriously have to see the movie to believe someone like Tom exists in the real world, and I can only imagine how he would come across to foreigners.
But while THE FINAL MEMBER is about as entertaining as documentaries get (even if it's not for everyone, especially those squeamish with the subject matter), this is a movie about passion, the search for knowledge, and how nothing is out-of-bounds when it comes to understanding the world around us, both scientifically and in our relationships with others. THE FINAL MEMBER is a perfect release for Drafthouse Films, and well worth an adventurous filmgoer's time. THE FINAL MEMBER opens in theaters and VOD on April 18th. Here's the trailer:
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 297 total posts 147 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 361 total posts 80 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 269 total posts 23 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 584 total posts 18 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 237 total posts 17 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 203 total posts 13 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 202 total posts 9 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 121 total posts 6 posts