Brie Larson may hop onboard Amy Schumer and Judd Apatow's TRAINWRECK!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
The Judd Apatow-directed Amy Schumer vehicle TRAINWRECK may have just scored some serious acting talent. Variety reported today that Brie Larson is in talks to join the flick, which also features Bill Hader in a key role. The word on this one has been mum from day one, so it's impossible to surmise who Larson would play, or how central her part will be, but considering her pedigree and the attention she's been pulling down post-SHORT TERM 12, I figure she'll be playing someone within Schumer's character's orbit.
I don't need to go on about how impressive Larson's 2013 work was, or that she's proven herself as an adept performer of comedy and drama alike, but I will say that the idea of her and Schumer pairing off seems like it could be quite inspired. This is Schumer's first time in a major acting role (although she scored big laughs with her GIRLS cameo earlier this season), and having someone with the experience and credibility of Larson at her side can only help her feature-debut as both writer and performer look better.
Apatow seems to be making something entirely different from the works he's written himself, but his industry clout allows him to score the kind of big names Schumer may not have been able to coax her way with a young gun at the helm. If Larson signs on, I don't imagine her name will be the last one on her level we'll hear jumping onboard this project.
But, considering it's Apatow, I still kinda expect Seth Rogen to get in on this at one point, don't you?
TRAINWRECK smashes into theaters on July 24th, 2015.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 103 total posts 26 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 510 total posts 13 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 33 total posts 10 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 265 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts