What Make The Critics Of The CW’s Extraterrestrial Teen Drama STAR-CROSSED??
A new CW drama about teen extraterrestrials in love, “Star-Crossed” was created by Meredith Averill (“Happy Town,” “The Good Wife”) and stars as high-schoolers Aimee Teegarden, 24, who played the coach’s daughter on “Friday Night Lights” and 31-year-old Matt Lanter, who just finished playing a high-school teen on “90210.”
It’s about human-looking space aliens who crash to earth and much later find themselves integrated into a human high school following years in an internment camp. Romeo & Juliet-style hijinks ensue.
Not many bothered to review this one.
... Matt Lanter is fine as the show's male lead, but the relationships sketched out at the high school are predictable at best. A bigger problem for "Star-Crossed" is that its world-building is patchy and frustratingly undercooked. …
... it’s a parable of tolerance, but it’s a particularly obvious and heavy-handed one. …
... The show, which goes, in its small parts and large arcs, where so many have gone before, is easy to mock. Yet within its bounds and even its baldly obvious analogies and soft political points, it is effective enough. ...
... How dopey is it? A nightly "TMZ" report on Justin Bieber's latest demonstration of cultural irrelevance has more intellectual content, not to mention a better script and performances. … C+
... With a premise that's at least 20 years past its "fresh until" date, the issues in "Star-Crossed" get handled with mostly predictable, rote exploration to the point that one has to wonder, does this show matter? Probably not. There are a few twists in subsequent episodes, but none is intriguing enough to encourage a second viewing.
... The emo-dialogue only sounds good if you’re just watching your first TV show. …
... If you're searching for signs of intelligent life in the universe, do yourself a favor and skip CW. … As vapid as it is unoriginal, Star-Crossed is sadly typical of a network that continually underestimates its audience. …
8 p.m. Monday. The CW.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 239 total posts 35 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 43 total posts 26 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 93 total posts 17 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 12 total posts 12 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- SXSW 2014: Jeremy Finds THAT GUY DICK MILLER A Warm, Worthy Tribute To A National Treasure! -- 15 total posts 9 posts
- All 13 Season-Six Episodes Of CLONE WARS Land On Netflix!! Joan Jett On LETTERMAN!! Kenan Thompson On MEYERS!! TRAIN YOUR DRAGON On FX DOWNLOAD!! New HANNIBAL, FIVE-0, GRIMM, BLOODS, LAST MAN, NEIGHBORS, ELISTED, HOPE, BANSHEE, TREEHOUSE, GOLD & SMACKDOWN!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 43 total posts 9 posts