What Make The Critics Of The CW’s Extraterrestrial Teen Drama STAR-CROSSED??
A new CW drama about teen extraterrestrials in love, “Star-Crossed” was created by Meredith Averill (“Happy Town,” “The Good Wife”) and stars as high-schoolers Aimee Teegarden, 24, who played the coach’s daughter on “Friday Night Lights” and 31-year-old Matt Lanter, who just finished playing a high-school teen on “90210.”
It’s about human-looking space aliens who crash to earth and much later find themselves integrated into a human high school following years in an internment camp. Romeo & Juliet-style hijinks ensue.
Not many bothered to review this one.
... Matt Lanter is fine as the show's male lead, but the relationships sketched out at the high school are predictable at best. A bigger problem for "Star-Crossed" is that its world-building is patchy and frustratingly undercooked. …
... it’s a parable of tolerance, but it’s a particularly obvious and heavy-handed one. …
... The show, which goes, in its small parts and large arcs, where so many have gone before, is easy to mock. Yet within its bounds and even its baldly obvious analogies and soft political points, it is effective enough. ...
... How dopey is it? A nightly "TMZ" report on Justin Bieber's latest demonstration of cultural irrelevance has more intellectual content, not to mention a better script and performances. … C+
... With a premise that's at least 20 years past its "fresh until" date, the issues in "Star-Crossed" get handled with mostly predictable, rote exploration to the point that one has to wonder, does this show matter? Probably not. There are a few twists in subsequent episodes, but none is intriguing enough to encourage a second viewing.
... The emo-dialogue only sounds good if you’re just watching your first TV show. …
... If you're searching for signs of intelligent life in the universe, do yourself a favor and skip CW. … As vapid as it is unoriginal, Star-Crossed is sadly typical of a network that continually underestimates its audience. …
8 p.m. Monday. The CW.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 148 total posts 18 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 352 total posts 15 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 82 total posts 14 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 42 total posts 13 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 20 total posts 12 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 19 total posts 10 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 111 total posts 10 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 30 total posts 8 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 71 total posts 7 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 13 total posts 6 posts