What Make The Critics Of The CW’s Extraterrestrial Teen Drama STAR-CROSSED??
A new CW drama about teen extraterrestrials in love, “Star-Crossed” was created by Meredith Averill (“Happy Town,” “The Good Wife”) and stars as high-schoolers Aimee Teegarden, 24, who played the coach’s daughter on “Friday Night Lights” and 31-year-old Matt Lanter, who just finished playing a high-school teen on “90210.”
It’s about human-looking space aliens who crash to earth and much later find themselves integrated into a human high school following years in an internment camp. Romeo & Juliet-style hijinks ensue.
Not many bothered to review this one.
... Matt Lanter is fine as the show's male lead, but the relationships sketched out at the high school are predictable at best. A bigger problem for "Star-Crossed" is that its world-building is patchy and frustratingly undercooked. …
... it’s a parable of tolerance, but it’s a particularly obvious and heavy-handed one. …
... The show, which goes, in its small parts and large arcs, where so many have gone before, is easy to mock. Yet within its bounds and even its baldly obvious analogies and soft political points, it is effective enough. ...
... How dopey is it? A nightly "TMZ" report on Justin Bieber's latest demonstration of cultural irrelevance has more intellectual content, not to mention a better script and performances. … C+
... With a premise that's at least 20 years past its "fresh until" date, the issues in "Star-Crossed" get handled with mostly predictable, rote exploration to the point that one has to wonder, does this show matter? Probably not. There are a few twists in subsequent episodes, but none is intriguing enough to encourage a second viewing.
... The emo-dialogue only sounds good if you’re just watching your first TV show. …
... If you're searching for signs of intelligent life in the universe, do yourself a favor and skip CW. … As vapid as it is unoriginal, Star-Crossed is sadly typical of a network that continually underestimates its audience. …
8 p.m. Monday. The CW.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- You're going to have to wait until 2017 to fly again with Hiccup and Toothless in HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 3! -- 38 total posts 11 posts
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 228 total posts 10 posts
- WIRE Reunion!! Clarke Peters Joins Winona Ryder, James Belushi, Daniel Stern, Alfred Molina, Catherine Keener And Oscar Isaac For David Simon’s HBO Class-Warfare Miniseries SHOW ME A HERO!! -- 19 total posts 8 posts
- Guillermo del Toro and Legendary Teaming Up with YouTube for Halloween Short Films Project! -- 38 total posts 7 posts
- A Badass GAME OF THRONES Sword Guy Has Apparently Been Cast In STAR WARS EPISODE VII!! -- 164 total posts 5 posts
- Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling to bust some heads as Shane Black's NICE GUYS in July 2016! -- 42 total posts 5 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 470 total posts 4 posts
- BBC Issues DOCTOR WHO: ‘Robot of Sherwood’ Promo Images!! + DOCTOR WHO EXTRAs For ‘Deep Breath’ And ‘Into the Dalek’ Are Now On YouTube!! -- 81 total posts 4 posts
-- 25 total posts 3 posts
- New Red-Band Trailer For ABCs OF DEATH 2 Ain't Fucking Around! -- 36 total posts 2 posts