What Make The Critics Of The CW’s Extraterrestrial Teen Drama STAR-CROSSED??
A new CW drama about teen extraterrestrials in love, “Star-Crossed” was created by Meredith Averill (“Happy Town,” “The Good Wife”) and stars as high-schoolers Aimee Teegarden, 24, who played the coach’s daughter on “Friday Night Lights” and 31-year-old Matt Lanter, who just finished playing a high-school teen on “90210.”
It’s about human-looking space aliens who crash to earth and much later find themselves integrated into a human high school following years in an internment camp. Romeo & Juliet-style hijinks ensue.
Not many bothered to review this one.
... Matt Lanter is fine as the show's male lead, but the relationships sketched out at the high school are predictable at best. A bigger problem for "Star-Crossed" is that its world-building is patchy and frustratingly undercooked. …
... it’s a parable of tolerance, but it’s a particularly obvious and heavy-handed one. …
... The show, which goes, in its small parts and large arcs, where so many have gone before, is easy to mock. Yet within its bounds and even its baldly obvious analogies and soft political points, it is effective enough. ...
... How dopey is it? A nightly "TMZ" report on Justin Bieber's latest demonstration of cultural irrelevance has more intellectual content, not to mention a better script and performances. … C+
... With a premise that's at least 20 years past its "fresh until" date, the issues in "Star-Crossed" get handled with mostly predictable, rote exploration to the point that one has to wonder, does this show matter? Probably not. There are a few twists in subsequent episodes, but none is intriguing enough to encourage a second viewing.
... The emo-dialogue only sounds good if you’re just watching your first TV show. …
... If you're searching for signs of intelligent life in the universe, do yourself a favor and skip CW. … As vapid as it is unoriginal, Star-Crossed is sadly typical of a network that continually underestimates its audience. …
8 p.m. Monday. The CW.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 332 total posts 267 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 237 total posts 237 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 163 total posts 102 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 451 total posts 95 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 296 total posts 67 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 52 total posts 52 posts
- The first SAW returns to theaters this Halloween! -- 51 total posts 51 posts