‘Fuck No!! You Can’t See My Storage Unit!!’ Herc Loves The Start Of The Second Half Of TRUE DETECTIVE!!
True Detective 1.5 FAQ
What’s it called?
“The Secret Fate Of All Life.”
Teleplay is credited to Nic Pizzolatto, the “Killing” vet who scripted all eight episodes of “True Detective.”
What says HBO?
“Hart and Cohle share the spoils of a solved case; Papania and Gilbough confront the detectives with troubling new intelligence.”
Does this mean all the action is set in 2012 from now on?
No. But time telescopes this week, as the second half of the season launches. The flashbacks are no longer set exclusively in 1995. We get at least as far as 2002. Hart’s daughters have grown into teens. Cohle’s personal life evolves.
Does the “troubling new intelligence” suggest Hart and Cohle did not actually solve their “solved case”?
That promo makes it look like the 2012 cops suspect Cohle. Is the promo misleading?
It is not.
How does it start?
Cohle and Ginger, the bearded former associate Cohle beat on at the explosive end of the fourth episode, meet in a bar with an important third party.
What’s doing with Hart’s hot estranged wife? Do she and Cohle hook up this week?
Hart gets to visit his daughters, so she’s still in the picture. She and Cohle do not bone this week.
Do we learn this week what Rust 2012 does for a living?
I believe we do. It is not assembly work.
Does Adam Arkin return this week as Detroit mob boss Theo Tonin?
The big news?
Cohle reveals the secret fate of all life.
What else is HBO not telling us?
Hart, apparently, was a rodeo champ back in 1982.
McConaughey. Harrelson. Hart’s daughters. The end of the fat man’s flight. Cohle’s seemingly boundless supercop abilities. Another reference to face removal. “Why the antlers?” “Why are y’all so hot not to give it to me?” “Shut the fuck up.” “My true failure was inattention; I understand that now.” “Company men.” “You’ve given me a lot to absorb.” “Time is a flat circle.” So much more.
What’s not so great?
After tonight, only three episodes left.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
Rust fondles a stick pyramid.
9 p.m. Sunday. HBO.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 123 total posts 123 posts
- A New And Nice Clip From Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH!! + Emma Watson Introduces A New Trailer!! -- 122 total posts 122 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 117 total posts 117 posts
- Li Bingbing Looks Mighty Stern In Her TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster!! -- 98 total posts 98 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 74 total posts 74 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 66 total posts 66 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 341 total posts 47 posts
- Another Talented Filmmaker Joins The DOCTOR STRANGE Directin' Derby! -- 44 total posts 44 posts