‘Fuck No!! You Can’t See My Storage Unit!!’ Herc Loves The Start Of The Second Half Of TRUE DETECTIVE!!
True Detective 1.5 FAQ
What’s it called?
“The Secret Fate Of All Life.”
Teleplay is credited to Nic Pizzolatto, the “Killing” vet who scripted all eight episodes of “True Detective.”
What says HBO?
“Hart and Cohle share the spoils of a solved case; Papania and Gilbough confront the detectives with troubling new intelligence.”
Does this mean all the action is set in 2012 from now on?
No. But time telescopes this week, as the second half of the season launches. The flashbacks are no longer set exclusively in 1995. We get at least as far as 2002. Hart’s daughters have grown into teens. Cohle’s personal life evolves.
Does the “troubling new intelligence” suggest Hart and Cohle did not actually solve their “solved case”?
That promo makes it look like the 2012 cops suspect Cohle. Is the promo misleading?
It is not.
How does it start?
Cohle and Ginger, the bearded former associate Cohle beat on at the explosive end of the fourth episode, meet in a bar with an important third party.
What’s doing with Hart’s hot estranged wife? Do she and Cohle hook up this week?
Hart gets to visit his daughters, so she’s still in the picture. She and Cohle do not bone this week.
Do we learn this week what Rust 2012 does for a living?
I believe we do. It is not assembly work.
Does Adam Arkin return this week as Detroit mob boss Theo Tonin?
The big news?
Cohle reveals the secret fate of all life.
What else is HBO not telling us?
Hart, apparently, was a rodeo champ back in 1982.
McConaughey. Harrelson. Hart’s daughters. The end of the fat man’s flight. Cohle’s seemingly boundless supercop abilities. Another reference to face removal. “Why the antlers?” “Why are y’all so hot not to give it to me?” “Shut the fuck up.” “My true failure was inattention; I understand that now.” “Company men.” “You’ve given me a lot to absorb.” “Time is a flat circle.” So much more.
What’s not so great?
After tonight, only three episodes left.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
Rust fondles a stick pyramid.
9 p.m. Sunday. HBO.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 40 total posts 38 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 172 total posts 30 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 132 total posts 28 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 53 total posts 27 posts
- Yowzwa!! Here’s 4 Minutes Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER!! -- 193 total posts 16 posts
- Are You Primed For Optimus’ TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster?? -- 160 total posts 15 posts
- 10 Movies Not To Miss At SXSW 2014! -- 23 total posts 15 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 38 total posts 13 posts
- From The Director Of GRAVITY!! The First Two Minutes Of NBC And Bad Robot’s BELIEVE!! -- 12 total posts 12 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 543 total posts 12 posts