‘Fuck No!! You Can’t See My Storage Unit!!’ Herc Loves The Start Of The Second Half Of TRUE DETECTIVE!!
True Detective 1.5 FAQ
What’s it called?
“The Secret Fate Of All Life.”
Teleplay is credited to Nic Pizzolatto, the “Killing” vet who scripted all eight episodes of “True Detective.”
What says HBO?
“Hart and Cohle share the spoils of a solved case; Papania and Gilbough confront the detectives with troubling new intelligence.”
Does this mean all the action is set in 2012 from now on?
No. But time telescopes this week, as the second half of the season launches. The flashbacks are no longer set exclusively in 1995. We get at least as far as 2002. Hart’s daughters have grown into teens. Cohle’s personal life evolves.
Does the “troubling new intelligence” suggest Hart and Cohle did not actually solve their “solved case”?
That promo makes it look like the 2012 cops suspect Cohle. Is the promo misleading?
It is not.
How does it start?
Cohle and Ginger, the bearded former associate Cohle beat on at the explosive end of the fourth episode, meet in a bar with an important third party.
What’s doing with Hart’s hot estranged wife? Do she and Cohle hook up this week?
Hart gets to visit his daughters, so she’s still in the picture. She and Cohle do not bone this week.
Do we learn this week what Rust 2012 does for a living?
I believe we do. It is not assembly work.
Does Adam Arkin return this week as Detroit mob boss Theo Tonin?
The big news?
Cohle reveals the secret fate of all life.
What else is HBO not telling us?
Hart, apparently, was a rodeo champ back in 1982.
McConaughey. Harrelson. Hart’s daughters. The end of the fat man’s flight. Cohle’s seemingly boundless supercop abilities. Another reference to face removal. “Why the antlers?” “Why are y’all so hot not to give it to me?” “Shut the fuck up.” “My true failure was inattention; I understand that now.” “Company men.” “You’ve given me a lot to absorb.” “Time is a flat circle.” So much more.
What’s not so great?
After tonight, only three episodes left.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
Rust fondles a stick pyramid.
9 p.m. Sunday. HBO.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 471 total posts 57 posts
- Loki vs. King Kong in SKULL ISLAND! -- 299 total posts 23 posts
- Behold The Cool(ish) IMAX Poster For DRACULA UNTOLD!! -- 175 total posts 11 posts
- Meryl Streep Bewitches the First INTO THE WOODS Poster! -- 60 total posts 9 posts
- A New Poster For Christopher Nolan’s INTERSTELLAR!! -- 210 total posts 8 posts
- 12 TIFF reviews from 'garbageman33' covers everything from Gyllenhaal in NIGHTCRAWLER to Baumbach's WHILE WE'RE YOUNG! -- 8 total posts 6 posts
- Promo Images From DOCTOR WHO S08E05 - ‘Time Heist’!! -- 107 total posts 5 posts
- Here’s A 4+ Minute Clip From THE EQUALIZER!! -- 58 total posts 4 posts
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 304 total posts 4 posts
- The New Trailer For THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PART 1 Hints That The Movie Is Freakin’ Huge!! -- 284 total posts 4 posts