‘Fuck No!! You Can’t See My Storage Unit!!’ Herc Loves The Start Of The Second Half Of TRUE DETECTIVE!!
True Detective 1.5 FAQ
What’s it called?
“The Secret Fate Of All Life.”
Teleplay is credited to Nic Pizzolatto, the “Killing” vet who scripted all eight episodes of “True Detective.”
What says HBO?
“Hart and Cohle share the spoils of a solved case; Papania and Gilbough confront the detectives with troubling new intelligence.”
Does this mean all the action is set in 2012 from now on?
No. But time telescopes this week, as the second half of the season launches. The flashbacks are no longer set exclusively in 1995. We get at least as far as 2002. Hart’s daughters have grown into teens. Cohle’s personal life evolves.
Does the “troubling new intelligence” suggest Hart and Cohle did not actually solve their “solved case”?
That promo makes it look like the 2012 cops suspect Cohle. Is the promo misleading?
It is not.
How does it start?
Cohle and Ginger, the bearded former associate Cohle beat on at the explosive end of the fourth episode, meet in a bar with an important third party.
What’s doing with Hart’s hot estranged wife? Do she and Cohle hook up this week?
Hart gets to visit his daughters, so she’s still in the picture. She and Cohle do not bone this week.
Do we learn this week what Rust 2012 does for a living?
I believe we do. It is not assembly work.
Does Adam Arkin return this week as Detroit mob boss Theo Tonin?
The big news?
Cohle reveals the secret fate of all life.
What else is HBO not telling us?
Hart, apparently, was a rodeo champ back in 1982.
McConaughey. Harrelson. Hart’s daughters. The end of the fat man’s flight. Cohle’s seemingly boundless supercop abilities. Another reference to face removal. “Why the antlers?” “Why are y’all so hot not to give it to me?” “Shut the fuck up.” “My true failure was inattention; I understand that now.” “Company men.” “You’ve given me a lot to absorb.” “Time is a flat circle.” So much more.
What’s not so great?
After tonight, only three episodes left.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
Rust fondles a stick pyramid.
9 p.m. Sunday. HBO.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Season Premiere Of DOCTOR WHO And Asks: Why Is It So Terrible?? -- 123 total posts 123 posts
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 146 total posts 103 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- Trailer for Gregg Araki's WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD, Starring Shailene Woodley and Eva Green! -- 96 total posts 90 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 89 total posts 89 posts
- Shane Black to bring Remo Williams back to the big screen in THE DESTROYER! -- 213 total posts 80 posts
- Is Tarantino about to make Jennifer Lawrence one of THE HATEFUL EIGHT!?! -- 156 total posts 78 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 381 total posts 49 posts
- Trailer for NIGHTCRAWLER! "If it bleeds, it leads!" -- 87 total posts 43 posts
- Harry Potter spinoff FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM to be directed by someone...who's directed Harry Potter movies! -- 119 total posts 31 posts