‘Fuck No!! You Can’t See My Storage Unit!!’ Herc Loves The Start Of The Second Half Of TRUE DETECTIVE!!
True Detective 1.5 FAQ
What’s it called?
“The Secret Fate Of All Life.”
Teleplay is credited to Nic Pizzolatto, the “Killing” vet who scripted all eight episodes of “True Detective.”
What says HBO?
“Hart and Cohle share the spoils of a solved case; Papania and Gilbough confront the detectives with troubling new intelligence.”
Does this mean all the action is set in 2012 from now on?
No. But time telescopes this week, as the second half of the season launches. The flashbacks are no longer set exclusively in 1995. We get at least as far as 2002. Hart’s daughters have grown into teens. Cohle’s personal life evolves.
Does the “troubling new intelligence” suggest Hart and Cohle did not actually solve their “solved case”?
That promo makes it look like the 2012 cops suspect Cohle. Is the promo misleading?
It is not.
How does it start?
Cohle and Ginger, the bearded former associate Cohle beat on at the explosive end of the fourth episode, meet in a bar with an important third party.
What’s doing with Hart’s hot estranged wife? Do she and Cohle hook up this week?
Hart gets to visit his daughters, so she’s still in the picture. She and Cohle do not bone this week.
Do we learn this week what Rust 2012 does for a living?
I believe we do. It is not assembly work.
Does Adam Arkin return this week as Detroit mob boss Theo Tonin?
The big news?
Cohle reveals the secret fate of all life.
What else is HBO not telling us?
Hart, apparently, was a rodeo champ back in 1982.
McConaughey. Harrelson. Hart’s daughters. The end of the fat man’s flight. Cohle’s seemingly boundless supercop abilities. Another reference to face removal. “Why the antlers?” “Why are y’all so hot not to give it to me?” “Shut the fuck up.” “My true failure was inattention; I understand that now.” “Company men.” “You’ve given me a lot to absorb.” “Time is a flat circle.” So much more.
What’s not so great?
After tonight, only three episodes left.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
Rust fondles a stick pyramid.
9 p.m. Sunday. HBO.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 445 total posts 445 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 316 total posts 316 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 665 total posts 201 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Luc Besson’s LUCY, MONTY PYTHON LIVE (MOSTLY), Tomorrow’s LEFTOVERS And The Latest STAR WARS, DC, MARVEL, LOUIE, 24, HBO & GAME OF THRONES News!! Plus The Return Of AICN’s Own Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 265 total posts 142 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint runs down the AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON footage!!! -- 142 total posts 127 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen actual footage from George Miller's MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!!! -- 107 total posts 107 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has a ton of photos and highlights from Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron panel! -- 95 total posts 95 posts
- SDCC '14: Legendary announces a King Kong movie by the name of SKULL ISLAND!!! -- 125 total posts 55 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint checks out Marvel's Ant-Man panel and sees a nifty teaser sequence! -- 54 total posts 54 posts
- SDCC '14: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 flying into our galaxy in July 2017! -- 81 total posts 46 posts