Chris Pratt as Michael Knight and Danny McBride as KITT in the KNIGHT RIDER reboot?!!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
There's a remake of KNIGHT RIDER being developed over at The Weinstein Company, written by Brad Copeland (WILD HOGS, YOGI BEAR, last year's COFFEE TOWN). The rumor going around today, courtesy of Schmoes Know, that the Weinsteins are looking to get Chris Pratt and Danny McBride to headline the feature-film reboot. This would imply that they're going the 21 JUMP STREET/LAND OF THE LOST route of taking the original franchise and doing something a little more meta and outwardly absurd with it.
No word on who Pratt or McBride are playing, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that the leading-man-handsome Pratt will probably taking over the role of Michael Knight from David Hasselhoff (and Justin Breuning), leaving McBride to play Kitt (although Pratt just kicked ass with his LEGO MOVIE v.o., so anything's possible). The idea of the pair bickering in a super-powered car while evading and/or chasing bad guys sounds pretty cool for a reheated 30+ year-old property, no?
We'll see the level of truth to this rumor sooner or later, but does the idea of a Pratt/McBride KNIGHT RIDER flick get your inner '82 Trans Am all revved up?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 28 total posts 26 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 154 total posts 12 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 541 total posts 9 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 33 total posts 8 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 111 total posts 7 posts
- New PARKS, PARENTHOOD, PORTLANDIA, COMMUNITY, ELEMENTARY, HALF, CRAZY, MILLERS, VIKINGS, VAMPIRE, REIGN, GREY’S, SCANDAL, NERDS, IDOL, RAKE, BOO BOO, SEAGAL!! The Returns Of SUITS & WONDERLAND!! Bob Mould On LETTERMAN!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 22 total posts 7 posts
- SNOWPIERCER finally gets a U.S. release date in its full, un-Weinstened glory! -- 23 total posts 6 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 32 total posts 6 posts
- Yowzwa!! Here’s 4 Minutes Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER!! -- 182 total posts 5 posts
- 10 Movies Not To Miss At SXSW 2014! -- 14 total posts 5 posts