The teaser trailer for the Melissa McCarthy comedy TAMMY will test your patience with another instance of comedic use of Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
Melissa McCarthy’s star is certainly on the rise after stealing the show in BRIDESMAIDS and then establishing herself as a box office draw last year with IDENTITY THIEF and THE HEAT. Her next film, TAMMY is a film that she is not only starring in, but also co-wrote with her husband and the films director, Ben Falcone (the air marshall in BRIDESMAIDS). The first teaser trailer was just released for TAMMY:
I like McCarthy a lot and her physical style of comedy and we get a glimpse of that in this teaser but the script for this film has received a lot of good buzz. So I bet it doesn’t end up being quite what is teased here, as I have heard the script is similar in tone to some of James L. Brooks’ films and not so much a straight-up comedy like IDENTITY THIEF or THE HEAT. It also has tremendous cast (Susan Sarandon, Dan Aykroyd, Mark Duplass, Kathy Bates, Toni Collette, Gary Cole, and Allison Janney), and a prime summer date, so I am looking forward to seeing what’s in store on July 2nd.
Here is IMDb's plot description:
Tammy, who was recently fired from a Toppy Jacks fast food restaurant, returns home only to find her husband enjoying a romantic meal with the neighbor. She quickly packs her necessities, and travels down three houses to her parent's home. Upon denied use of her mom's car to drive to Niagara Falls, she quickly resorts to an "ailing" grandmother, who also lives in the home...Only instead of traveling alone, Grandma Pearl wants in on the road trip. After realizing Grandma Pearl has the funds, they hit the road. Pearl soon proves to be quite the alcoholic despite her diabetes, and Tammy quickly turns into the "baby-sitter." From finding love in a bar to robbing a Toppy Jack's in order to bail Pearl out of jail,the quirky adventure will have you finding yourself riding along for the misadventures of Tammy.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 479 total posts 198 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 299 total posts 149 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 328 total posts 82 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 255 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 223 total posts 33 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 590 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 208 total posts 15 posts