First Look at Baltasar Kormákur's EVEREST!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Production has begun on Baltasar Kormákur's EVEREST, and the first still has been released. And it looks...cold. Really REALLY fucking cold.
The film is based on a true story of an ill-fated climb to the summit of Mount Everest. It follows two different climbing expeditions that were interrupted by a horrific snowstorm. The project sports an impressive cast, including Jason Clarke, Josh Brolin, John Hawkes, and Jake Gyllenhaal. It was written by Mark Medoff (Children of a Lesser God) and Simon Beaufoy (Slumdog Millionaire)
EVEREST will open in 3D and IMAX 3D on February 27, 2015.
Here's the full press release:
Universal City, CA & London—February 12, 2014—Universal Pictures, Walden Media and Cross Creek Pictures, announce the start of principal photography on the Working Title Films production of EVEREST. Universal Pictures will release EVEREST in North American theaters in 3D and IMAX 3D on February 27, 2015.
Inspired by the incredible events surrounding a treacherous attempt to reach the summit of the world’s highest mountain, EVEREST documents the awe-inspiring journey of two different expeditions challenged beyond their limits by one of the fiercest snowstorms ever encountered by mankind. Their mettle tested by the harshest of elements found on the planet, the climbers will face nearly impossible obstacles as a lifelong obsession becomes a breathtaking struggle for survival.
The epic adventure stars Jason Clarke (The Great Gatsby, Zero Dark Thirty), Josh Brolin (True Grit, No Country for Old Men), John Hawkes (Lincoln, Martha Marcy May Marlene) and Jake Gyllenhaal (Source Code, Brokeback Mountain). They are joined by Martin Henderson (The Ring), Emily Watson (The Book Thief), Michael Kelly (Netflix’sHouse of Cards) and Thomas M. Wright (television’s The Bridge). EVEREST will be directed by Baltasar Kormákur (2 Guns, Contraband) and produced by Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner, Cross Creek’s Brian Oliver and Tyler Thompson, as well as Nicky Kentish Barnes (About Time).
EVEREST is adapted for the screen by Mark Medoff (Children of a Lesser God) and Oscar® winner Simon Beaufoy (Slumdog Millionaire). Kormákur’s creative team includes director of photography Salvatore Totino (The Da Vinci Code), production designer Gary Freeman (upcoming Maleficent), and costume designer Guy Speranza (The World’s End).
EVEREST will shoot on location in Nepal on the foothills of Everest, the Italian Alps and at Cinecittà Studios in Rome and Pinewood Studios in the UK.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is this our first look at The Thing from Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR reboot!?! -- 75 total posts 60 posts
- "The walrus is far more evolved than any man I've ever known...present company included." Trailer for Kevin Smith's TUSK has arrived! -- 38 total posts 29 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 263 total posts 25 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 113 total posts 17 posts
- Patrick Wilson drops out of ANT-MAN!! -- 100 total posts 12 posts
- SDCC '14: James Gunn to write and direct the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY sequel!! -- 64 total posts 12 posts
- The Guy Who Directed CAPTAIN AMERICA And The Guys Who Directed CAPTAIN AMERICA II Are Directing Episodes Of Marvel’s New ABC Series AGENT CARTER!! -- 20 total posts 8 posts
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 321 total posts 5 posts
- ‘You Have Failed This City!!’ When Atom Met ARROW!! 2.5 Minutes Of Season Three!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- Banner and stills showing Rupert Friend as HITMAN: AGENT 47! -- 28 total posts 4 posts