First Look at Baltasar Kormákur's EVEREST!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Production has begun on Baltasar Kormákur's EVEREST, and the first still has been released. And it looks...cold. Really REALLY fucking cold.
The film is based on a true story of an ill-fated climb to the summit of Mount Everest. It follows two different climbing expeditions that were interrupted by a horrific snowstorm. The project sports an impressive cast, including Jason Clarke, Josh Brolin, John Hawkes, and Jake Gyllenhaal. It was written by Mark Medoff (Children of a Lesser God) and Simon Beaufoy (Slumdog Millionaire)
EVEREST will open in 3D and IMAX 3D on February 27, 2015.
Here's the full press release:
Universal City, CA & London—February 12, 2014—Universal Pictures, Walden Media and Cross Creek Pictures, announce the start of principal photography on the Working Title Films production of EVEREST. Universal Pictures will release EVEREST in North American theaters in 3D and IMAX 3D on February 27, 2015.
Inspired by the incredible events surrounding a treacherous attempt to reach the summit of the world’s highest mountain, EVEREST documents the awe-inspiring journey of two different expeditions challenged beyond their limits by one of the fiercest snowstorms ever encountered by mankind. Their mettle tested by the harshest of elements found on the planet, the climbers will face nearly impossible obstacles as a lifelong obsession becomes a breathtaking struggle for survival.
The epic adventure stars Jason Clarke (The Great Gatsby, Zero Dark Thirty), Josh Brolin (True Grit, No Country for Old Men), John Hawkes (Lincoln, Martha Marcy May Marlene) and Jake Gyllenhaal (Source Code, Brokeback Mountain). They are joined by Martin Henderson (The Ring), Emily Watson (The Book Thief), Michael Kelly (Netflix’sHouse of Cards) and Thomas M. Wright (television’s The Bridge). EVEREST will be directed by Baltasar Kormákur (2 Guns, Contraband) and produced by Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner, Cross Creek’s Brian Oliver and Tyler Thompson, as well as Nicky Kentish Barnes (About Time).
EVEREST is adapted for the screen by Mark Medoff (Children of a Lesser God) and Oscar® winner Simon Beaufoy (Slumdog Millionaire). Kormákur’s creative team includes director of photography Salvatore Totino (The Da Vinci Code), production designer Gary Freeman (upcoming Maleficent), and costume designer Guy Speranza (The World’s End).
EVEREST will shoot on location in Nepal on the foothills of Everest, the Italian Alps and at Cinecittà Studios in Rome and Pinewood Studios in the UK.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 332 total posts 267 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 236 total posts 236 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 163 total posts 102 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 450 total posts 94 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 296 total posts 67 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- The first SAW returns to theaters this Halloween! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 49 total posts 49 posts