First Look at Baltasar Kormákur's EVEREST!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Production has begun on Baltasar Kormákur's EVEREST, and the first still has been released. And it looks...cold. Really REALLY fucking cold.
The film is based on a true story of an ill-fated climb to the summit of Mount Everest. It follows two different climbing expeditions that were interrupted by a horrific snowstorm. The project sports an impressive cast, including Jason Clarke, Josh Brolin, John Hawkes, and Jake Gyllenhaal. It was written by Mark Medoff (Children of a Lesser God) and Simon Beaufoy (Slumdog Millionaire)
EVEREST will open in 3D and IMAX 3D on February 27, 2015.
Here's the full press release:
Universal City, CA & London—February 12, 2014—Universal Pictures, Walden Media and Cross Creek Pictures, announce the start of principal photography on the Working Title Films production of EVEREST. Universal Pictures will release EVEREST in North American theaters in 3D and IMAX 3D on February 27, 2015.
Inspired by the incredible events surrounding a treacherous attempt to reach the summit of the world’s highest mountain, EVEREST documents the awe-inspiring journey of two different expeditions challenged beyond their limits by one of the fiercest snowstorms ever encountered by mankind. Their mettle tested by the harshest of elements found on the planet, the climbers will face nearly impossible obstacles as a lifelong obsession becomes a breathtaking struggle for survival.
The epic adventure stars Jason Clarke (The Great Gatsby, Zero Dark Thirty), Josh Brolin (True Grit, No Country for Old Men), John Hawkes (Lincoln, Martha Marcy May Marlene) and Jake Gyllenhaal (Source Code, Brokeback Mountain). They are joined by Martin Henderson (The Ring), Emily Watson (The Book Thief), Michael Kelly (Netflix’sHouse of Cards) and Thomas M. Wright (television’s The Bridge). EVEREST will be directed by Baltasar Kormákur (2 Guns, Contraband) and produced by Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner, Cross Creek’s Brian Oliver and Tyler Thompson, as well as Nicky Kentish Barnes (About Time).
EVEREST is adapted for the screen by Mark Medoff (Children of a Lesser God) and Oscar® winner Simon Beaufoy (Slumdog Millionaire). Kormákur’s creative team includes director of photography Salvatore Totino (The Da Vinci Code), production designer Gary Freeman (upcoming Maleficent), and costume designer Guy Speranza (The World’s End).
EVEREST will shoot on location in Nepal on the foothills of Everest, the Italian Alps and at Cinecittà Studios in Rome and Pinewood Studios in the UK.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 66 total posts 30 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 272 total posts 27 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 119 total posts 20 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 135 total posts 12 posts
- Is a New TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE Film in the Works? -- 38 total posts 9 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 364 total posts 8 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 169 total posts 8 posts
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 22 total posts 6 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 144 total posts 6 posts
- New Images Invite You INTO THE WOODS! -- 42 total posts 4 posts