"White power forrrreeeeevvvvverrrrr..." James Franco to play a KKK leader in Harmony Korine's A CRACK UP AT THE RACE RIOTS!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Harmony Korine and James Franco obviously made some waves when SPRING BREAKERS came out a little less than a year ago. Some decried it as a scandalous, superficial eyesore, others proclaimed it one of the best movies of the year. Either way, the outrageous film made an impression on just about everybody, and according to The New York Post, the Franco will hit the Korine well again for a racially charged film that would have him playing a Ku Klux Klan leader.
If what the ATL Twins (who also starred in SPRING BREAKERS) told the Post is true, they and Franco will be playing KKK members in A CRACKUP AT THE RACE RIOTS, based on Korine's crazy-sounding 1998 novel. The book was about a racially-divided alternate-universe Florida, where the whites are led by Vanilla Ice, the black folk led by MC Hammer, and the Jewish population safely retreated to the treetops. Korine and the ATL twins would play KKK members in this bizarre, tense landscape.
Going off of that ATL Twins quote, we have no idea whether Korine is even involved with this in direct manner, or if someone else (perhaps Franco?) is planning on adapting Korine's novel themselves. I'm hoping Korine uses his SPRING BREAKERS success (easily the biggest of his career, including KIDS) to make this his biggest, craziest, biggest-budgeted whack-fest to date, and once again uses Franco as his in with the multiplex crowd. But even if Franco directs this as one of his 9 trillion side projects, I'd still have to check it out; like a lot of Korine's work, it sounds far too bugged-out to ignore.
Now, the question is who's going to play Hammer and Vanilla Ice?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 391 total posts 54 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 151 total posts 21 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 27 total posts 19 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 47 total posts 18 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 25 total posts 16 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 82 total posts 14 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 36 total posts 14 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 112 total posts 11 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 17 total posts 10 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 44 total posts 8 posts