"White power forrrreeeeevvvvverrrrr..." James Franco to play a KKK leader in Harmony Korine's A CRACK UP AT THE RACE RIOTS!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Harmony Korine and James Franco obviously made some waves when SPRING BREAKERS came out a little less than a year ago. Some decried it as a scandalous, superficial eyesore, others proclaimed it one of the best movies of the year. Either way, the outrageous film made an impression on just about everybody, and according to The New York Post, the Franco will hit the Korine well again for a racially charged film that would have him playing a Ku Klux Klan leader.
If what the ATL Twins (who also starred in SPRING BREAKERS) told the Post is true, they and Franco will be playing KKK members in A CRACKUP AT THE RACE RIOTS, based on Korine's crazy-sounding 1998 novel. The book was about a racially-divided alternate-universe Florida, where the whites are led by Vanilla Ice, the black folk led by MC Hammer, and the Jewish population safely retreated to the treetops. Korine and the ATL twins would play KKK members in this bizarre, tense landscape.
Going off of that ATL Twins quote, we have no idea whether Korine is even involved with this in direct manner, or if someone else (perhaps Franco?) is planning on adapting Korine's novel themselves. I'm hoping Korine uses his SPRING BREAKERS success (easily the biggest of his career, including KIDS) to make this his biggest, craziest, biggest-budgeted whack-fest to date, and once again uses Franco as his in with the multiplex crowd. But even if Franco directs this as one of his 9 trillion side projects, I'd still have to check it out; like a lot of Korine's work, it sounds far too bugged-out to ignore.
Now, the question is who's going to play Hammer and Vanilla Ice?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 155 total posts 55 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 162 total posts 25 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 110 total posts 19 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 75 total posts 19 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 420 total posts 9 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 203 total posts 8 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 166 total posts 7 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 34 total posts 6 posts
- This Poster For INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 Is Creepy And Requires Reading!! -- 65 total posts 5 posts
- Timur Bekmambetov Finds His Ben-Hur For, Well, BEN-HUR!! -- 294 total posts 4 posts