"White power forrrreeeeevvvvverrrrr..." James Franco to play a KKK leader in Harmony Korine's A CRACK UP AT THE RACE RIOTS!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Harmony Korine and James Franco obviously made some waves when SPRING BREAKERS came out a little less than a year ago. Some decried it as a scandalous, superficial eyesore, others proclaimed it one of the best movies of the year. Either way, the outrageous film made an impression on just about everybody, and according to The New York Post, the Franco will hit the Korine well again for a racially charged film that would have him playing a Ku Klux Klan leader.
If what the ATL Twins (who also starred in SPRING BREAKERS) told the Post is true, they and Franco will be playing KKK members in A CRACKUP AT THE RACE RIOTS, based on Korine's crazy-sounding 1998 novel. The book was about a racially-divided alternate-universe Florida, where the whites are led by Vanilla Ice, the black folk led by MC Hammer, and the Jewish population safely retreated to the treetops. Korine and the ATL twins would play KKK members in this bizarre, tense landscape.
Going off of that ATL Twins quote, we have no idea whether Korine is even involved with this in direct manner, or if someone else (perhaps Franco?) is planning on adapting Korine's novel themselves. I'm hoping Korine uses his SPRING BREAKERS success (easily the biggest of his career, including KIDS) to make this his biggest, craziest, biggest-budgeted whack-fest to date, and once again uses Franco as his in with the multiplex crowd. But even if Franco directs this as one of his 9 trillion side projects, I'd still have to check it out; like a lot of Korine's work, it sounds far too bugged-out to ignore.
Now, the question is who's going to play Hammer and Vanilla Ice?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 256 total posts 256 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 231 total posts 231 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 225 total posts 224 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 176 total posts 176 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 162 total posts 162 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 208 total posts 123 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 119 total posts 75 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 73 total posts 61 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 353 total posts 58 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 221 total posts 57 posts