Jason Statham to go back to being a MECHANIC but not a TRANSPORTER!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
According to THR, Jason Statham is going to be a part of THE MECHANIC 2 but not THE TRANSPORTER 4. TRANSPORTER 4 is planned to be the beginning of a prequel trilogy so Statham isn’t needed.
THE MECHANIC 2 is a little bit of a surprise and will be a sequel to Statham’s 2011 actioner that itself was a remake of a 1972 Charles Bronson film. I liked the remake quite a bit but I am not sure where they can take the story after the first one.
German director, Dennis Gansel is in talks to direct THE MECHANIC 2. International rights to the film are up for sale right now with Nu Image shopping them. The original film only grossed about $51 million internationally and had a budget of $40 million so it wasn't a big success but I can't imagine the budget will be that large.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 105 total posts 73 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 404 total posts 64 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 63 total posts 63 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 177 total posts 29 posts
- ‘This Place Is Bullshit!!’ The 2-Minute Season-Two Trailer For Netflix’s ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK!! -- 33 total posts 20 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 39 total posts 18 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 92 total posts 16 posts
- New Images from Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD! -- 21 total posts 15 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 102 total posts 9 posts