Jason Statham to go back to being a MECHANIC but not a TRANSPORTER!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
According to THR, Jason Statham is going to be a part of THE MECHANIC 2 but not THE TRANSPORTER 4. TRANSPORTER 4 is planned to be the beginning of a prequel trilogy so Statham isn’t needed.
THE MECHANIC 2 is a little bit of a surprise and will be a sequel to Statham’s 2011 actioner that itself was a remake of a 1972 Charles Bronson film. I liked the remake quite a bit but I am not sure where they can take the story after the first one.
German director, Dennis Gansel is in talks to direct THE MECHANIC 2. International rights to the film are up for sale right now with Nu Image shopping them. The original film only grossed about $51 million internationally and had a budget of $40 million so it wasn't a big success but I can't imagine the budget will be that large.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 354 total posts 226 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 193 total posts 193 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 146 total posts 146 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 121 total posts 121 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 108 total posts 108 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 314 total posts 103 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 583 total posts 61 posts
- International Trailer and Clip for Australian Horror Film THE BABADOOK! -- 69 total posts 55 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 41 total posts 41 posts
- Red Band Trailer for THE DEAD 2: INDIA! -- 49 total posts 36 posts