Jason Statham to go back to being a MECHANIC but not a TRANSPORTER!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
According to THR, Jason Statham is going to be a part of THE MECHANIC 2 but not THE TRANSPORTER 4. TRANSPORTER 4 is planned to be the beginning of a prequel trilogy so Statham isn’t needed.
THE MECHANIC 2 is a little bit of a surprise and will be a sequel to Statham’s 2011 actioner that itself was a remake of a 1972 Charles Bronson film. I liked the remake quite a bit but I am not sure where they can take the story after the first one.
German director, Dennis Gansel is in talks to direct THE MECHANIC 2. International rights to the film are up for sale right now with Nu Image shopping them. The original film only grossed about $51 million internationally and had a budget of $40 million so it wasn't a big success but I can't imagine the budget will be that large.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 465 total posts 79 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 240 total posts 62 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 195 total posts 50 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1491 total posts 48 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- Universal Taps Alex Kurtzman And Chris Morgan To Reboot The Studio's Classic Monsters! -- 729 total posts 38 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 40 total posts 30 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 56 total posts 23 posts
- Look Upon JURASSIC WORLD’s Comic Con Exclusive Poster!! -- 165 total posts 20 posts
- Jake Gyllenhaal Sells Himself In Viral Teaser For Dan Gilroy's NIGHTCRAWLER! -- 57 total posts 16 posts