The Vision Is In AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON, And Playing Him Will Be...
Rumors have been everywhere that The Vision was going to appear in AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON. Early on, before James Spader was cast as Ultron, there were rumors that Ultron would be Paul Bettany - a corrupted JARVIS turned on its creator - but that's not the direction Joss Whedon is going, apparently, and judging by today's casting announcement, confirmed in Variety - Paul Bettany will be donning the green and yellow and playing The Vision.
But is he playing him or simply supplying a voice? I hope the former. Bettany's a fine actor and deserves his dues after playing JARVIS in AVENGERS and the IRON MAN films. He certainly would bring class and grace to the character. With the Scarlet Witch supposedly appearing in AVENGERS: AOU as well, there's a distinct possibility that comic-book romance may play out in the films. I just wish the surprise had been saved for later, but that's the way casting news works these days.
AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON starts production soon. I have no doubt it's going to be a kickass shoot. So far, everything seems to be developing very well.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 107 total posts 107 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 157 total posts 74 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 94 total posts 52 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 198 total posts 34 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 328 total posts 33 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 91 total posts 30 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 38 total posts 27 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 87 total posts 26 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 71 total posts 22 posts