Jonah Hill and Leonardo DiCaprio to Re-Team in Film About Richard Jewell!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
After an impressive and hilarious partnership as drug-fueled douchebags in THE WOLF OF WALL STREET, Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill look to be teaming up on another feature. Deadline reports that the actors will both take part in a film based on the case of Richard Jewell, the security guard who discovered a bomb planted at the Summer Olympics in Atlanta in 1996. At first, authorities and the media called him a hero, thanking him for averting disaster by discovering the device and helping to evacuate the area before it detonated.
It didn't take long for the story to spin out of control, with FBI treating him as a possible suspect and the media running with any information they could find (no matter how flimsy), branding him a terrorist, camping outside his home and destroying his reputation, until his name was finally cleared months later.
Hill will be playing the role of Jewell, with DiCaprio cast as Watson Bryant, his attorney (who, up until this incident, had handled mostly real estate deals). No information is available regarding who will be penning the script or directing the project, though it is noted that DiCaprio is on board as producer.
It definitely has the potential to be an interesting film, given the fact that it covers a lot of interesting ground in the demonization of an innocent man, as well as the illustration of a media frenzy whipped completely out of control.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 507 total posts 10 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 13 total posts 7 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 332 total posts 3 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 10 total posts 2 posts