Jonah Hill and Leonardo DiCaprio to Re-Team in Film About Richard Jewell!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
After an impressive and hilarious partnership as drug-fueled douchebags in THE WOLF OF WALL STREET, Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill look to be teaming up on another feature. Deadline reports that the actors will both take part in a film based on the case of Richard Jewell, the security guard who discovered a bomb planted at the Summer Olympics in Atlanta in 1996. At first, authorities and the media called him a hero, thanking him for averting disaster by discovering the device and helping to evacuate the area before it detonated.
It didn't take long for the story to spin out of control, with FBI treating him as a possible suspect and the media running with any information they could find (no matter how flimsy), branding him a terrorist, camping outside his home and destroying his reputation, until his name was finally cleared months later.
Hill will be playing the role of Jewell, with DiCaprio cast as Watson Bryant, his attorney (who, up until this incident, had handled mostly real estate deals). No information is available regarding who will be penning the script or directing the project, though it is noted that DiCaprio is on board as producer.
It definitely has the potential to be an interesting film, given the fact that it covers a lot of interesting ground in the demonization of an innocent man, as well as the illustration of a media frenzy whipped completely out of control.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 287 total posts 287 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 331 total posts 173 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 160 total posts 160 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 158 total posts 158 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 138 total posts 138 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 218 total posts 77 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 397 total posts 71 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 107 total posts 58 posts