Guy Pearce Tears Up The Outback Looking For His Stolen Car In First Teaser For David Michôd's THE ROVER!
David Michôd, the writer and director of 2010's badass crime flick ANIMAL KINGDOM, is back with what appears to be a sun-baked tale of retribution and repossession in the Australian outback. THE ROVER is set ten years after a total societal collapse, and stars Guy Pearce as a man attempting to recover his stolen car. Pretty simple premise, but, judging from the just-released teaser, it ain't gonna be an easy errand. Looks like a lot of desperate characters are going to dinged up along the way. Check it out!
THE ROVER is based on an idea Michôd conceived with Joel Edgerton (who is not in the movie), and also stars Robert Pattinson and the reliably awesome Scoot McNairy. A24 will release the film in the U.S. this summer. Really looking forward to this one.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 250 total posts 151 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 371 total posts 126 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 226 total posts 88 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 240 total posts 79 posts
- Rest In Peace Makeup Legend Dick Smith -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 90 total posts 56 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 175 total posts 52 posts
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 57 total posts 43 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 381 total posts 25 posts
- New Images Invite You INTO THE WOODS! -- 63 total posts 25 posts