Justin Lin to produce and possibly direct TOYMAGEDDON!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Justin Lin has got a lot on his plate. He's directing the next BOURNE with Jeremy Renner, he's producing that BATTERED BASTARDS OF BASEBALL feature, and now, less than a week after that last project was first announced, he's set to produce and possibly direct a project called TOYMAGEDDON for Fox. There's no story details yet (or a script, for that matter), but we know that it's "an adventure movie in the vein of JURASSIC PARK and GHOSTBUSTERS" and that it will "center around a toy factory that runs amok."
THR says that Lin's holding off on directing until he gets his hand on a draft of the script. If Lin makes this, it would be his first time tackling an original IP since ANNAPOLIS back in '06 (his FINISHING THE GAME was technically an original property, but was heavily inspired by GAME OF DEATH). The dude clearly has an eye for style and kinetic energy, and I could see that translating very easily into TRANSFORMERS-style big-budget family spectacle. If he can pump out more set-pieces on the level of the airplane or tank scenes in FURIOUS 6, then the possibilities for this CGI/live-action hybrid are limitless.
Plus, wouldn't a toy company presumably produce a healthy amount of toy cars? Something to think about...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 126 total posts 49 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 526 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 280 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 38 total posts 15 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 32 total posts 14 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 138 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 336 total posts 7 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 233 total posts 7 posts