UPDATED with comments from Gad and Trank! It's clobberin' time as Fox has reportedly set their sights on an actor to play Ben Grimm a.k.a. Thing in THE FANTASTIC FOUR reboot!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
UPDATE: Josh Gad and Josh Trank have both taken to Twitter to deny this rumor. The rumor didn’t say that Gad had been cast though, only that he was Fox’s number one choice at this moment. Again though, with filming expected to start in the next couple of months they have to officially announce a cast soon.
Everyone please calm down. There is no truth to rumor of me playing Grimm . Besides, I'm too busy prepping to play a young Luke Skywalker.— Josh Gad (@joshgad) January 28, 2014
@devincf first i'm hearing of this... it's not true.— Josh Trank (@josh_trank) January 28, 2014
Hey Yo, Draven here.
Last week we heard rumors for Josh Trank’s FANTASTIC FOUR reboot and specifically cast rumors for three of the FANTASTIC FOUR. Miles Teller as Reed Richards, Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm and both Kate Mara and Saiorse Ronan are up for Sue Storm. We didn’t hear anything about Ben Grimm a.k.a. Thing but with filming expected to start soon, we knew it was just a matter of time before rumors would start to trickle out.
Well that time is now as Movies.com is reporting that Josh Gad is Fox’s number 1 choice for the role of Ben Grimm. It makes sense on a couple of different levels though, with Gad fitting the age group of the other rumored actors, and he is coming off of an acclaimed vocal performance as Olaf the Snowman in FROZEN (with THING likely to be mostly a motion captured and vocal performance). So I could definitely see why he would be Fox’s number 1 choice.
I also think creatively it could be a good decision because I feel like Gad could capture that tormented but good natured attitude that Grimm needs. This isn’t confirmed yet and is just a rumor at this point but look for more rumors to continue to leak out until Fox actually announces something official.
THE FANTASTIC FOUR is scheduled for June 19th, 2015.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 147 total posts 47 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 158 total posts 21 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 75 total posts 19 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 108 total posts 17 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 202 total posts 7 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 34 total posts 6 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 417 total posts 6 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 164 total posts 5 posts
- Timur Bekmambetov Finds His Ben-Hur For, Well, BEN-HUR!! -- 294 total posts 4 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 112 total posts 3 posts