Todd Field and Justin Lin to adapt the documentary about Kurt Russell's dad, THE BATTERED BASTARDS OF BASEBALL!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
THR has reported that THE BATTERED BASTARDS OF BASEBALL will be getting a narrative feature-film adaptation following its Sundance premiere. The documentary was directed by Chapman and Maclain Way, and revolves around Bing Russell (Kurt's dad…yes, that's Kurt in the pic above) and his attempt to say "fuck you" to the MLB by creating an independent baseball team called the Portland Mavericks.
Justin Lin's bought up the remake rights for Todd Field (IN THE BEDROOM, LITTLE CHILDREN) to write and direct, appropriate for the little-known fact that Field used to be a batboy for the Mavericks. Kurt Russell is also expected to contribute behind-the-scenes in some capacity.
Our very own Quint was a big fan of the documentary, and it sounds like a ripe ol' underdog story. Plus, Field has a way of injecting everyday events with a ton of weight and subtext, so I'm thinking this won't be your daddy's feel-good baseball movie, and may be something a little more nuanced and subversive.
So now, all they need to do is lock in Kurt to play his father and Wyatt to play Kurt. Seriously, give me a good reason why not.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 382 total posts 16 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 203 total posts 12 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 21 total posts 4 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 627 total posts 4 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 303 total posts 4 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 312 total posts 3 posts
- Two More BIG BROTHER Nominations!! The Return Of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!! MI6 On PBS!! FALLING SKIES Finale!! New MANHATTAN, MASTERS, NAKED, RAY, RECKLESS, BEACHFRONT, BREATHLESS, KARDASHIANS, WIPEOUT!! No STRAIN This Week!! No LEFTOVERS Finale Either!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 23 total posts 2 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 349 total posts 2 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 97 total posts 2 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 1 total post 1 post