MGM's 90th Anniversary Plans!! + Livestream Of The MGM Lion Paw Print Ceremony (!?!?)
MGM is heading into its 90th Anniversary, which is freaking me out because I still vividly remember the studio’s 60th Anniversary “Diamond Jubilee.”
MGM has just issued a press release discussing its designs for the 90th, along with this trailer commemorating the milestone. What chiefly interests me about this reel are the numerous omissions - 2001, 2010, THE WIND AND LION, GONE WITH THE WIND, THE WIZARD OF OZ, early Buster Keaton, the list goes on and is significant. This is almost as if the studio exists only in the present?
The studio’s iconic “Leo the Lion” logo will be getting a paw print outside the TCL Chinese Theater today. I hope that this means there will literally be a lion on hand, getting his paws stuck into wet cement. Nothing could go wrong with such an enterprise, right? Might make for some interesting viewing via this live stream, where a countdown is already underway.
Here’s the press release I mentioned above; more in the coming weeks….
|●||MGM will complement its already vast collection of films currently available on Blu-ray™ by releasing new titles across all genres throughout the year. Upcoming titles for release include In the Heat of the Night, A Chorus Line, and The Birdcage.|
|●||MGM has created a one-of-a-kind collector’s book and bonus video disc companion commemorating 90 amazing years, featuring interviews from award-winning filmmakers, directors, and actors discussing the significance of their contributions to MGM’s legacy. The book and video highlight the evolution and history of the legendary studio and provide an extensive look into the studio's golden years, classics, iconic franchises and much more. Interviews include Sylvester Stallone on Rocky, Clint Eastwood on The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis on Thelma and Louise, and Walter Mirisch on The Pink Panther. The bonus disc will also be available accompanying select DVD offerings.|
|●||Fans can also relive their favorite film moments at www.mgm90th.com, a unique Tumblr website and the first Tumblr integration to feature a studio’s full library. The MGM 90th Tumblr site’s dynamic design encourages fans to explore and immerse themselves into rich content celebrating 90 years of MGM filmmaking. As fans integrate socially with the yearlong celebration, the Tumblr site will serve as an active aggregator showcasing all of the current sharing and postings. This fresh approach to syndicating content to fans allows a seamless integration appealing to all ages within Tumblr’s rapidly growing platform and beyond.|
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Nordling Reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 145 total posts 145 posts
- Is this our first look at The Thing from Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR reboot!?! -- 149 total posts 133 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 113 total posts 113 posts
- Capone believes HERCULES does a Rock-solid job demystifying and reinforcing the myth!!! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- "The walrus is far more evolved than any man I've ever known...present company included." Trailer for Kevin Smith's TUSK has arrived! -- 77 total posts 66 posts
- SDCC '14: James Gunn to write and direct the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY sequel!! -- 99 total posts 47 posts
- Capone can't decide if Luc Besson's LUCY is a dumb movie about smart people or a smart movie about dumb people. Whatever it is, he still mostly digs it!!! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 135 total posts 39 posts
- Learn Which STAR TREK Icon Joins GAME OF THRONES Next Season!! (Hint: Not Nimoy!!) -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 272 total posts 35 posts