MGM's 90th Anniversary Plans!! + Livestream Of The MGM Lion Paw Print Ceremony (!?!?)
MGM is heading into its 90th Anniversary, which is freaking me out because I still vividly remember the studio’s 60th Anniversary “Diamond Jubilee.”
MGM has just issued a press release discussing its designs for the 90th, along with this trailer commemorating the milestone. What chiefly interests me about this reel are the numerous omissions - 2001, 2010, THE WIND AND LION, GONE WITH THE WIND, THE WIZARD OF OZ, early Buster Keaton, the list goes on and is significant. This is almost as if the studio exists only in the present?
The studio’s iconic “Leo the Lion” logo will be getting a paw print outside the TCL Chinese Theater today. I hope that this means there will literally be a lion on hand, getting his paws stuck into wet cement. Nothing could go wrong with such an enterprise, right? Might make for some interesting viewing via this live stream, where a countdown is already underway.
Here’s the press release I mentioned above; more in the coming weeks….
|●||MGM will complement its already vast collection of films currently available on Blu-ray™ by releasing new titles across all genres throughout the year. Upcoming titles for release include In the Heat of the Night, A Chorus Line, and The Birdcage.|
|●||MGM has created a one-of-a-kind collector’s book and bonus video disc companion commemorating 90 amazing years, featuring interviews from award-winning filmmakers, directors, and actors discussing the significance of their contributions to MGM’s legacy. The book and video highlight the evolution and history of the legendary studio and provide an extensive look into the studio's golden years, classics, iconic franchises and much more. Interviews include Sylvester Stallone on Rocky, Clint Eastwood on The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis on Thelma and Louise, and Walter Mirisch on The Pink Panther. The bonus disc will also be available accompanying select DVD offerings.|
|●||Fans can also relive their favorite film moments at www.mgm90th.com, a unique Tumblr website and the first Tumblr integration to feature a studio’s full library. The MGM 90th Tumblr site’s dynamic design encourages fans to explore and immerse themselves into rich content celebrating 90 years of MGM filmmaking. As fans integrate socially with the yearlong celebration, the Tumblr site will serve as an active aggregator showcasing all of the current sharing and postings. This fresh approach to syndicating content to fans allows a seamless integration appealing to all ages within Tumblr’s rapidly growing platform and beyond.|
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flag in THE STAND?!! -- 187 total posts 59 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 133 total posts 24 posts
- ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Season Premiere Of DOCTOR WHO And Asks: Why Is It So Terrible?? -- 182 total posts 17 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 118 total posts 8 posts
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 165 total posts 6 posts
- Creepy Dolls and Satanic Cults! Full ANNABELLE Trailer is Here! -- 103 total posts 6 posts
- An Andrew Dominik-written, Justin Lin-directed SHAOLIN TEMPLE remake is in the works! -- 27 total posts 4 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 390 total posts 4 posts
- Jeremy Receives His Marching Orders From Combat Carl Weathers For TOY STORY OF TERROR! -- 26 total posts 2 posts
- AICN Tabletop: Abstruse Reports On GenCon 2014! -- 14 total posts 2 posts