MGM's 90th Anniversary Plans!! + Livestream Of The MGM Lion Paw Print Ceremony (!?!?)
MGM is heading into its 90th Anniversary, which is freaking me out because I still vividly remember the studio’s 60th Anniversary “Diamond Jubilee.”
MGM has just issued a press release discussing its designs for the 90th, along with this trailer commemorating the milestone. What chiefly interests me about this reel are the numerous omissions - 2001, 2010, THE WIND AND LION, GONE WITH THE WIND, THE WIZARD OF OZ, early Buster Keaton, the list goes on and is significant. This is almost as if the studio exists only in the present?
The studio’s iconic “Leo the Lion” logo will be getting a paw print outside the TCL Chinese Theater today. I hope that this means there will literally be a lion on hand, getting his paws stuck into wet cement. Nothing could go wrong with such an enterprise, right? Might make for some interesting viewing via this live stream, where a countdown is already underway.
Here’s the press release I mentioned above; more in the coming weeks….
|●||MGM will complement its already vast collection of films currently available on Blu-ray™ by releasing new titles across all genres throughout the year. Upcoming titles for release include In the Heat of the Night, A Chorus Line, and The Birdcage.|
|●||MGM has created a one-of-a-kind collector’s book and bonus video disc companion commemorating 90 amazing years, featuring interviews from award-winning filmmakers, directors, and actors discussing the significance of their contributions to MGM’s legacy. The book and video highlight the evolution and history of the legendary studio and provide an extensive look into the studio's golden years, classics, iconic franchises and much more. Interviews include Sylvester Stallone on Rocky, Clint Eastwood on The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis on Thelma and Louise, and Walter Mirisch on The Pink Panther. The bonus disc will also be available accompanying select DVD offerings.|
|●||Fans can also relive their favorite film moments at www.mgm90th.com, a unique Tumblr website and the first Tumblr integration to feature a studio’s full library. The MGM 90th Tumblr site’s dynamic design encourages fans to explore and immerse themselves into rich content celebrating 90 years of MGM filmmaking. As fans integrate socially with the yearlong celebration, the Tumblr site will serve as an active aggregator showcasing all of the current sharing and postings. This fresh approach to syndicating content to fans allows a seamless integration appealing to all ages within Tumblr’s rapidly growing platform and beyond.|
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 87 total posts 63 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 449 total posts 59 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 157 total posts 53 posts
- George R.R. Martin Scales Back HBO Activity To Focus On Completing WINDS OF WINTER!! -- 70 total posts 24 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 86 total posts 22 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 622 total posts 20 posts
- A New Tease For DOCTOR WHO Season / Series 8!! -- 119 total posts 13 posts
- Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!! -- 13 total posts 12 posts
- A Nifty Video Tour Of The Warner Bros Museum Commemorates BATMAN’s 75th Anniversary!! -- 89 total posts 12 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 156 total posts 11 posts