MGM's 90th Anniversary Plans!! + Livestream Of The MGM Lion Paw Print Ceremony (!?!?)
MGM is heading into its 90th Anniversary, which is freaking me out because I still vividly remember the studio’s 60th Anniversary “Diamond Jubilee.”
MGM has just issued a press release discussing its designs for the 90th, along with this trailer commemorating the milestone. What chiefly interests me about this reel are the numerous omissions - 2001, 2010, THE WIND AND LION, GONE WITH THE WIND, THE WIZARD OF OZ, early Buster Keaton, the list goes on and is significant. This is almost as if the studio exists only in the present?
The studio’s iconic “Leo the Lion” logo will be getting a paw print outside the TCL Chinese Theater today. I hope that this means there will literally be a lion on hand, getting his paws stuck into wet cement. Nothing could go wrong with such an enterprise, right? Might make for some interesting viewing via this live stream, where a countdown is already underway.
Here’s the press release I mentioned above; more in the coming weeks….
|●||MGM will complement its already vast collection of films currently available on Blu-ray™ by releasing new titles across all genres throughout the year. Upcoming titles for release include In the Heat of the Night, A Chorus Line, and The Birdcage.|
|●||MGM has created a one-of-a-kind collector’s book and bonus video disc companion commemorating 90 amazing years, featuring interviews from award-winning filmmakers, directors, and actors discussing the significance of their contributions to MGM’s legacy. The book and video highlight the evolution and history of the legendary studio and provide an extensive look into the studio's golden years, classics, iconic franchises and much more. Interviews include Sylvester Stallone on Rocky, Clint Eastwood on The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis on Thelma and Louise, and Walter Mirisch on The Pink Panther. The bonus disc will also be available accompanying select DVD offerings.|
|●||Fans can also relive their favorite film moments at www.mgm90th.com, a unique Tumblr website and the first Tumblr integration to feature a studio’s full library. The MGM 90th Tumblr site’s dynamic design encourages fans to explore and immerse themselves into rich content celebrating 90 years of MGM filmmaking. As fans integrate socially with the yearlong celebration, the Tumblr site will serve as an active aggregator showcasing all of the current sharing and postings. This fresh approach to syndicating content to fans allows a seamless integration appealing to all ages within Tumblr’s rapidly growing platform and beyond.|
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 109 total posts 84 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 82 total posts 38 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 551 total posts 28 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 162 total posts 19 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 171 total posts 14 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 99 total posts 9 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 353 total posts 6 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 61 total posts 5 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 187 total posts 3 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 206 total posts 3 posts