Some BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN story rumors pop up following the release date change!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Over at Latino Review, they've put up a forum posting from a user named "James Woods" (presumably not this one) that lists out a bunch of potential plot points from BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN a.k.a. MAN OF STEEL 2. He mentions that his source is "someone from the art department that supposedly got shitcanned" due to the delay (certain crew departments had to be reconfigured to accommodate the shift), and that this should be taken "with the proper amount of salt." These plot points are as follows (in Mr. Woods' exact words)
-The villians are Lex Luthor and Metallo
-Batman forms a UN type deal to stop Superman from destroying another city
-Aquaman is in it, but not called Aquaman. He’s there because the world engine in the ocean did something to the fish
-Wonderwoman poses as a Wayne Enterprises investor to retrieve an item that belongs to her people.
-Lex Luthor is in the shadows a lot, a manipulator. Not much face time with Superman.
-Robin betrayed Batman at some point, leading to a falling out between them
-The Batcave was super cool looking, and the mobile looked similar to Burton’s
-Lois is investigating Lex.
-Metallo “kills” Clark
-The Daily Planet is bought by Lex Luthor for PR purposes
-At the end Superman is living in exile, and the Justice League is an government approved superhero team.
As Latino Review mentions, even if any of this is/was true, it could very well be from a draft that's been thrown out or reworked due to the delay or for some other reason entirely. There's no confirmation on any of this, other than that a bunch of crew members have left the production because of the new shooting schedule. But it's interesting to think about, especially in how it practicalizes the scope of a film that needs to cram in Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, and possibly Robin, other members of Justice League, and another villain. It really would have to be a sprawling, complicated narrative to fit them all in, and this is a just-believable-enough scenario for everyone to have something to do besides showing their faces for fanboy recognition. I wouldn't expect confirmation one way or the other on any of this until the film is actually released.
What you guys think? Believable enough, or fanboy-contrived hogwash?
BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN or MAN OF STEEL 2 or JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE BEGINNING (I really don't know what they're gonna end up calling this movie) will finally fly into theaters on May 6th, 2016.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Timur Bekmambetov Finds His Ben-Hur For, Well, BEN-HUR!! -- 191 total posts 191 posts
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 558 total posts 144 posts
- Loki vs. King Kong in SKULL ISLAND! -- 350 total posts 75 posts
- DESTINY ‘Raids’ Have Begun!! More Events Coming Soon!! -- 54 total posts 54 posts
- A New Trailer For Robert Downey Jr’s THE JUDGE!! -- 38 total posts 38 posts
- Promo Images From DOCTOR WHO S08E05 - ‘Time Heist’!! -- 137 total posts 35 posts
- More Details On The Upcoming And Promising ALIEN: ISOLATION Game!! 'Survivor Mode’!! -- 34 total posts 34 posts
- A New Poster For Christopher Nolan’s INTERSTELLAR!! -- 230 total posts 29 posts
- 12 TIFF reviews from 'garbageman33' covers everything from Gyllenhaal in NIGHTCRAWLER to Baumbach's WHILE WE'RE YOUNG! -- 29 total posts 27 posts
- Behold The Cool(ish) IMAX Poster For DRACULA UNTOLD!! -- 186 total posts 23 posts