Some BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN story rumors pop up following the release date change!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Over at Latino Review, they've put up a forum posting from a user named "James Woods" (presumably not this one) that lists out a bunch of potential plot points from BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN a.k.a. MAN OF STEEL 2. He mentions that his source is "someone from the art department that supposedly got shitcanned" due to the delay (certain crew departments had to be reconfigured to accommodate the shift), and that this should be taken "with the proper amount of salt." These plot points are as follows (in Mr. Woods' exact words)
-The villians are Lex Luthor and Metallo
-Batman forms a UN type deal to stop Superman from destroying another city
-Aquaman is in it, but not called Aquaman. He’s there because the world engine in the ocean did something to the fish
-Wonderwoman poses as a Wayne Enterprises investor to retrieve an item that belongs to her people.
-Lex Luthor is in the shadows a lot, a manipulator. Not much face time with Superman.
-Robin betrayed Batman at some point, leading to a falling out between them
-The Batcave was super cool looking, and the mobile looked similar to Burton’s
-Lois is investigating Lex.
-Metallo “kills” Clark
-The Daily Planet is bought by Lex Luthor for PR purposes
-At the end Superman is living in exile, and the Justice League is an government approved superhero team.
As Latino Review mentions, even if any of this is/was true, it could very well be from a draft that's been thrown out or reworked due to the delay or for some other reason entirely. There's no confirmation on any of this, other than that a bunch of crew members have left the production because of the new shooting schedule. But it's interesting to think about, especially in how it practicalizes the scope of a film that needs to cram in Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, and possibly Robin, other members of Justice League, and another villain. It really would have to be a sprawling, complicated narrative to fit them all in, and this is a just-believable-enough scenario for everyone to have something to do besides showing their faces for fanboy recognition. I wouldn't expect confirmation one way or the other on any of this until the film is actually released.
What you guys think? Believable enough, or fanboy-contrived hogwash?
BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN or MAN OF STEEL 2 or JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE BEGINNING (I really don't know what they're gonna end up calling this movie) will finally fly into theaters on May 6th, 2016.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 258 total posts 258 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 146 total posts 146 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 143 total posts 143 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 135 total posts 135 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 218 total posts 77 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 235 total posts 77 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 397 total posts 71 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 68 total posts 68 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 106 total posts 57 posts
- Learn Which Movie Star Just Signed On To HBO’s Jonathan Nolan/Bad Robot Pilot WESTWORLD!! -- 46 total posts 46 posts