Some BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN story rumors pop up following the release date change!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Over at Latino Review, they've put up a forum posting from a user named "James Woods" (presumably not this one) that lists out a bunch of potential plot points from BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN a.k.a. MAN OF STEEL 2. He mentions that his source is "someone from the art department that supposedly got shitcanned" due to the delay (certain crew departments had to be reconfigured to accommodate the shift), and that this should be taken "with the proper amount of salt." These plot points are as follows (in Mr. Woods' exact words)
-The villians are Lex Luthor and Metallo
-Batman forms a UN type deal to stop Superman from destroying another city
-Aquaman is in it, but not called Aquaman. He’s there because the world engine in the ocean did something to the fish
-Wonderwoman poses as a Wayne Enterprises investor to retrieve an item that belongs to her people.
-Lex Luthor is in the shadows a lot, a manipulator. Not much face time with Superman.
-Robin betrayed Batman at some point, leading to a falling out between them
-The Batcave was super cool looking, and the mobile looked similar to Burton’s
-Lois is investigating Lex.
-Metallo “kills” Clark
-The Daily Planet is bought by Lex Luthor for PR purposes
-At the end Superman is living in exile, and the Justice League is an government approved superhero team.
As Latino Review mentions, even if any of this is/was true, it could very well be from a draft that's been thrown out or reworked due to the delay or for some other reason entirely. There's no confirmation on any of this, other than that a bunch of crew members have left the production because of the new shooting schedule. But it's interesting to think about, especially in how it practicalizes the scope of a film that needs to cram in Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, and possibly Robin, other members of Justice League, and another villain. It really would have to be a sprawling, complicated narrative to fit them all in, and this is a just-believable-enough scenario for everyone to have something to do besides showing their faces for fanboy recognition. I wouldn't expect confirmation one way or the other on any of this until the film is actually released.
What you guys think? Believable enough, or fanboy-contrived hogwash?
BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN or MAN OF STEEL 2 or JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE BEGINNING (I really don't know what they're gonna end up calling this movie) will finally fly into theaters on May 6th, 2016.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 164 total posts 115 posts
- Who wants to see one of GODZILLA's opponents from the new film!?! (In toy form) -- 247 total posts 87 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 224 total posts 65 posts
- There's some cross-promotion going on in the credits of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, and it's not hinting at what you think! -- 84 total posts 39 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 154 total posts 35 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 59 total posts 29 posts
- Some Wicked Cool Stills For The Upcoming BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Game!! -- 176 total posts 28 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 262 total posts 19 posts
- AICN debuts the official poster for the stoner, doomsday, psychotic freak out film DON PEYOTE, starring, written and directed by Don Fogler!!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts
- Trailer for IF I STAY, Starring Chloe Grace Moretz! -- 72 total posts 17 posts